Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much for a target .22

Options
  • 17-07-2007 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I go target shooting with a .22 cz.I've always been interested in the .22 single shot rifles with the aperture sights but i have a feeling that their way pricey and over my budget.how much would a fairly standard one set up back ?also how much are a good set of aperture sights to slap onto it?Are those biatholan .22's with the toggle bolt on them a different animal entirely or would they be around the same price range also?

thanks in advance
    Remmy

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

I don't know how much you'd be looking at, I haven't seen prices for several years and I'm afraid to say I've forgotten. I'd say call around some dealers to get a feel for what one would cost to buy new.

Dealer info should be available from the manufacturers, try here for starters:

If the price turns out to be too expensive, don't give up. You could find yourself a nice rifle second-hand. Ask around here and in as many clubs as you can and you should eventually get one.

As for sights, odds are that the rifle will come with sights that are "good enough" so I wouldn't really worry about that to begin with. If not, I'd estimate EUR200-1000 depending on how mad you want to go.

What kind of target shooting would you be intending to do with it? If it's ISSF-style stuff you intend to do then budget a bit for some kit like a jacket and sling.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Top-of-the-line ISSF .22 rifles go for around €2000-2500 depending on make and model. And that's assuming you mean top-of-the-sane-line; something like a Bleiker could set you back €5-6000. Second hand prices for sane rifles, you're looking about €500 or so cheaper. Very roughly, obviously and of course it depends on the condition of the rifle.

The upside? It'll hold it's value for as long as you have it, assuming you don't take a hammer to it or something similar.
    (And, of course, it'll be the most accurate .22lr rifle you've ever owned).

IRLConor's right, of course, if you want to do ISSF stuff, you'll also need a jacket and a sling and a glove. Again, second hand is cheaper. Don't get anything fancy if you're just starting. In fact, if you're just starting, join a club where they shoot ISSF stuff and use club gear for a year or so to see if it's really your thing.

Advertisement