Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Encarta

• 17-07-2007 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭

I cannot believe how hard it is to find Microsoft software these days. I've been looking for the new version of Encarta but it is nowhere!

...Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

...Why don't you use the internet instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

www.wikipedia.org

Its even better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

I've tried the Internet but, for some reason, Encarta Premium 2007 isn't shipped to here from Amazon (I've only tried Amazon so far). In response to your post whassupp2, I mainly want Encarta for the atlas feature and I wouldn't use wikipedia for anything official anyway. I'd feel embarrassed referencing it in my thesis.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Have you tried http://encarta.msn.com ? Dunno how good or bad it is compared to the discs you buy. I presume the online version is a cut down version.

That's quite good actually. I searched for 'FYROM' in it out of randomness, and they have good information about it there. I really just want the atlas feature though; I'm fascinated by nations, borders, and flags. Encarta Interactive Atlas 98 does'nt work on XP. MaybeI should just wait until they bring out a new version of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Something tells me that you didn't put much effort into your google searching. For shame young padawan.

http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/s_action/search/index.html

Good God, there's no way I'm paying that much or it. I'll just have to make do without it. Thanks though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

No worries. I'm sure there are other ways to get it more affordably. Try asking on www.adverts.ie perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭brian_rbk

Kevster wrote:
    I really just want the atlas feature though; I'm fascinated by nations, borders, and flags.

Have u tried downloading google earth? not quite an atlas but interesting all the same

I don't particularly like the way that Google Earth is designed - it's good, but not what comprehensive enough! I just put in an order for Encarta 2007 Reference Library anyway. Apparently, Encarta Interactive Atlas is bundled with the package.

• Advertisement
Advertisement