Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

parking in private estates

Options
  • 17-07-2007 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

Hi

I was wondering whats the law on Commerical vehicles (ie a 40 seater Coach)
    parking in a private estate.
    The driver has a huge with more than enough space for the bus
    He parks in the hourse shoe at the end of the road
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It depends on the the local authority, afaik. Some prohibit it and others have no specific protocol. Check with your relevant local authority. I checked this with SDCC a few years ago and they were prohibiting it in some areas on a 'pilot scheme'. I haven't checked into it since as I moved house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Ok

Found this in document on councils website. meath.ie

Chapter 10 Development Management Guidelines & Standards

Heavy Vehicles
    The indiscriminate parking of heavy commercial vehicles or machinery in residential areas
    detracts greatly from the amenities of these areas. It is the intention of the Planning Authorities
    to protect and improve residential amenities in all areas of the town. The Planning Authorities
    will co-operate with all other bodies that exercise control over this type of parking, to eliminate
    the nuisance created.

Is this basically saying its not law but the local authority will help to stop the offenders?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Residents Association.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Would this be in a village in North county Dublin by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Would this be in a village in North county Dublin by any chance?

Nope Navan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

deckie27 wrote:
    Hi

I was wondering whats the law on Commerical vehicles (ie a 40 seater Coach)
    parking in a private estate.
    The driver has a huge with more than enough space for the bus
    He parks in the hourse shoe at the end of the road
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

If the estate has a management company they usually have house rules against that. If that fails try your local fire officer, people don't realise that these are fire brigrade turning areas and should be left free. Over in the States they have all these areas red curbed and if you park there you are towed.

Otherwise just park your car first in such a way that he can't park it there.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I thought that a new law was introduced about 5 years ago prohibiting the parking of HGV's over 7500kgs in estates. But if others have searched for it and can't find it I am probably wrong! Try enquiring with a younger Garda (fresh out of Templemore)....

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

you live in Bray? there's a guy in my state that drives one, and either parks it at the end of the cul de sack where he lives, or parks it on the green right at a bend in the road!

Advertisement