Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTA - help appreciated

• 17-07-2007 10:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭

Hi

I asked this before but never got to it. my mum is 65 this week and wanted to get FTA maybe for her.

I know Grays/Daltons do it but as i remember the price charged for units were crazy.

any one know some one who does this in the area. She is stuck with 4 channels at moment.

a few other questions:

can she get radio on it ? she loves BBC
    would Sky be a better option, some one mentioned getting for the year then cancelling ??

lastly I also want to repaint her windows, any idea on hiring a ladder for top windows (though I dont like heights!!) or a painter you could recommend)

PS TO Nightwish your help with other query has made some one very happy- cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

You can't pick up freeview in Ireland.... maybe near the north, but not anywhere else as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

Hi

I asked this before but never got to it. my mum is 65 this week and wanted to get freeview maybe for her.

I know Grays/Daltons do it but as i remember the price charged for units were crazy.

any one know some one who does this in the area. She is stuck with 4 channels at moment.

a few other questions:

can she get radio on it ? she loves BBC
    would Sky be a better option, some one mentioned getting for the year then cancelling ??

lastly I also want to repaint her windows, any idea on hiring a ladder for top windows (though I dont like heights!!) or a painter you could recommend)

Fta box? you can pick them up cheap, lidl usually. will bring in all the BBC/ITV channels,sky news etc. you can get radio on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

What? Where are you getting this FTA signal from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

A satellite I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

yea sorry was very tired

FTA is the man

But Daltons are mad prices - I know there is a " freelance" guy does them but can't find his details

If I got here yr sub to Sky is that then usable as FTA after the year - price works out much the same ( near 400 euro to get a box/dish/install FTA !!!)

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

I got FTA in 'bout this time last year from Grays and cost a mini fortune!
    And to be perfectly honest, I rarely use it.
    Other places do the bundle though, Electronic Wholesalers in the Industrial estate, Daltons, Lidl I think has been said.
    Also if you go near Dublin, Maplin do some great specials in that area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Hi

No problem! ;)

Advertisement