Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mercury Music Prize Shortlist 2007

Options
  • 17-07-2007 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭

Arctic Monkeys - Favourite Worst Nightmare
    Amy Winehouse - Back To Black
    Basquiat Strings - Basquiat Strings
    Bat For Lashes - Fur And Gold
    Dizzee Rascal - Maths & English
    Fionn Regan - The End Of History
    Jamie T - Panic Prevention
    Klaxons - Myths Of The Near Future
    Maps - We Can Create
    New Young Pony Club - Fantastic Playroom
    The View - Hats Off To The Buskers
    Young Knives - Voices of Animals And Men

http://www.nationwidemercurys.com/

I can safely say that is easily the worst ever Mercury awards shortlist..... no nomination for Bloc Party and they nominate The View who released one of the worst albums of the year???? :eek:

Arctic Monkeys, Winehouse, Jamie T and Dizzee Rascal will probably be predictable favourites. I can't see the Arctic Monkeys winning it 2 years in a row because the reality is their 2nd album isn't a patch on their debut. I'd guess Winehouse will win it because she is Amy Winehouse. Of what I've listened Klaxons deserve to win and even their album had it's dodgy moments

still the awards look a complete joke this year

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Hypnotoad

There's some songs on Arctic monkeys second album that's good.It might be enough to win them the second year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Tchocky

This really should be for debut albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

no mention of biffy clyro either, which i honestly believe they deserve recognition more than any artist on that list.

they obiviously don't like good music.

it seems they just go for wino's/druggies/people who sing about wearing jeans for 4 days etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

I agree what a load of sh1te - Dizzee Rascal FFS!
    Once again it's down to the usual cokeheads - the local dealers will make a mint on the night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Tchocky

Blargh!

Obviously they're fascists/commies/aesthetes/knobs. What about Generic! So underrecognised!

Blargh!

Remember, failure may end up being the sliproad on to the freeway of dreams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,988 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

no Gruff Rhys or Pop Levi...

meh, awards are generally a load of back-slapping nonsense anyway.

Advertisement