Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skate Parks around Dublin

Options
  • 17-07-2007 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Sprained my ankle a few months ago skating and just beginning to start again, just ollies and stuff for the moment.

Anyway I will be going up to Dublin tomorrow and was wondering what are the easist skate parks to get to from Dublin city? I mean once you get a bus or the LUAS(dont know if any are near LUAS) which are the shortest from the station.

I was thinking that bushy park, lucan, or blanchardstown would be the easiest.

If anyone could recommend the easiest to get to from a station by foot that would be fantastic, oh and I prefer street, not really into bowls, halfpipes etc.

Also I dont have any pads or a helmet, do you need them in the parks I mentioned? If so which ones?

Would really appreciate any help before tomorrow, want to start skating and thought a trip to a Dublin skatepark would be fun.

Also any other stores in the city centre besides G1?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭FiannaGym.com

Bushy park has a dismal street section, but since your only doing ollies and stuff, that will hardly matter.

Blanch requires you to were a full complement of pads, so thats out of the question. - look here

I dunno about lucan though.

Peace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭JahEerie

None of 'em are on a LUAS line
    best bet is to bus it - Bushy is pretty well served (15/16/47, etc)

Not really sure bout da others bust suppose you're on da way by now!

Hope it stays dry for ya
    ...this weather is doin me head in :mad: :mad: :mad:

JohnBoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Conchubhair

shortys94 wrote:
    Also any other stores in the city centre besides G1?

There's Skate City in Temple bar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

I went to Lucan, thanks for your advice but only got it now haha.

Yea Lucan is great I found, I was up there at 10-11 and hardly anyone there. I like it as its more street orientated. Altough I was only there for an hour.

And I found out about the buses from Dublin as the station is only a few minutes walk to the skatepark. I think its the 25A bus.

Anyway I really liked the park and they keep it in really good condition. Hopefully I get to spend most of the day in the park next time I go up to it. Another good thing about the park is that you dont need helmets, etc. and admission is free.

Also, does anyone know why nobody in Ireland sells Black Magic Griptape????!!!! Well it seems like no one does, I went to G1 in Dublin and they didnt have it, along with skate shops in the west.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 fionn001

griptapes griptape its all the same, and lucan rips

• Advertisement

Ah yea but black magic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 sdLOVE

bushy isnt too far a walk from milltown or windy arbour luas stop, you'll have to get directions though.. Plus as long as you dont mind being gawked out of it by dorks on the luas because you have a board.. you know those little kids who wear abercrombie and canterbury trackies. I have nothing against those clothes but some of them typical kids can be annoying

Yea, you always get looked at by someone in Ireland if you have a deck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭FiannaGym.com

Do you guys really find that?

I kinda thought skate boarding was a real fashion show lately. Like where rollerblading was 10 or 12 years ago?

Do people say stuff? treat you differently when your on / with your board?

What about establishment places / shops etc, ar eyou treated differently there?

How much, do you think, this perception is based on your own desires to be part of a different (even elite) class?

Any and all replies would be greatly appreciated!!!

Peace

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

shortys94 wrote:

Also, does anyone know why nobody in Ireland sells Black Magic Griptape????!!!! Well it seems like no one does, I went to G1 in Dublin and they didnt have it, along with skate shops in the west.

wat u need myfriend is Mob grip,

check here for more info..

http://shop.wreckless.ie

use this and u will never use anything else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

shortys94 wrote:

wat u need myfriend is Mob grip,

check here for more info..

http://shop.wreckless.ie

use this and u will never use anything else

Advertisement