Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

overclocking componants???

Options
  • 17-07-2007 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

e6600 + D975XBX2 intel extreme series + http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=335299 (ocz nVIDIA ram) = good overclockability????????????????????????????

have a sythe ninja for cooling.

i have cpu and ram, question is the motherboard.... decided i may aswell buy this board, can anyone tell me if this will be ok for another 8800gts in sli (possible upgrade).

any comments on this board are welcome, im open to change of mind.

want to order mobo asap, so please dont hesitate to leave a reply

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

As I remember 975X chipset suports only ATI CrossFire.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

.....oh....that could be a problem....balls

i taut it was sli aswell as crossfire.... any recomendations of an alternative board keeping the previously mentioned criteria in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

Get a P35 based board, Nvidia chipsets are hot, buggy and slow. This will indeed rule out SLI but consider this; by the time you decide to upgrade to SLI new cards will most likely be out, one of these would perform similiarly or better than the sli GTS setup. You could sell your old card and have more €€ to spend on a higher end card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

i really want to go for a new board now so i can have the overclocking, and would prefere if it was sli aswell incase i decide to throw in another grafix card in a few months. IF. i might do as you say nibble and just buy a single new grafix card, but i still want the option to be there.

by the way , in wat ways are nVIDIA chipsets buggy and slow??

considering all this, wat would this mobo be like? http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=329410

i have a 20" widescreen, so its not uber resolution im lookin at, its anti-alaising and such aesthetic things im focused on, which i hear 2* 8800gts in sli deal very very well with

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

Well they're slow, by the fact that they are the worst performing conroe chipset clock-for-clock, now true that you will never notice this day to day only in benches, but still the only thing they have going for them is SLI. If you're sure you want one the EVGA is the only one worth considering, IMO. And a single 8800GTS 640MB will handle 1680x1050 just fine with plenty of AA;) .

• Advertisement
Advertisement