Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish broadband fair usage

Options
  • 18-07-2007 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 34,902 ✭✭✭✭
    Master of the Universe

After having my connection restricted to a snails pace for going over my 20gb cap (by 7.75gb..wont be back to normal until I'm 80% under, which according to my download stats wont happen for half a month), I'm looking for an alternative to Digiweb.

Irish broadband have a 2mb package with an "unlimited download/upload". Now, after being kicked off Nolimits many moons ago, I'm a bit skeptical when ISPs use the term "unlimited".

Just wondering does anyone have experience with Irish Broadband so far as limits? Have they ever disconnected anyone for 'unfair usage' or implemented caps?

Information really appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

We have the unlimited shared between 4 of us in the house. One of the guys has a machine that spends all day downloading torrents, that's its job.

I use it for Xbox Live and download demo's off it and I've downloaded the odd flavour of Linux with lots of other package downloads for Linux including games for Linux and Windows etc... Also use tv-links and one of the other lads practically lives on Youtube.

Never once have they said a thing to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

o1s1n wrote:
    Irish broadband have a 2mb package with an "unlimited download/upload". Now, after being kicked off Nolimits many moons ago, I'm a bit skeptical when ISPs use the term "unlimited".

It is, what it says on the tin: unlimited 2mbit with whatever contention you sign up to, ie. might not always be 2mbit, but certainly no limits.

The only thing they kick you off the network for, is if your signal degrades due to obstructions (trees, other houses), as they don't want you to drag the signal for others down.

/Martin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I've had them for a year and have had no probs with any limit. I would say my usage is about 30 - 60Gb per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,902 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Thanks for the replies.

Exactly what I was hoping to hear. Looks like I'll be changing ISP.

Advertisement