Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone wirleless BB

Options
  • 18-07-2007 8:51am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 371 ✭✭

Is it any good? thinking of getting it, living in the city centre.
    Be using it mostly for java chat and msn etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

There are a few threads on this in this forum and on IrelandOffline, detailing the experiences of some of us users. It's been up and down for me, ranging between very good to unusable at times.

I always have a consistent 3G signal where I live (Ashtown), but I've had problems nonetheless. I've never really received an explanation of why that is.

I don't move it around much (I was really interested in it as I am renting a place and don't want to get landlines in etc), but when I've brought it into the city centre (Dublin 2) it has been very impressive - much better than what I get at home.

If they're still offering the 14 day trial then you have nothing to lose by trying it out. It will all hinge on the area you want to use it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Traffic wrote:
    Is it any good? thinking of getting it, living in the city centre.
    Be using it mostly for java chat and msn etc

Unless you need it for mobility you would be better getting something else. It doesn't have the speeds, reliability,ping, bandwidth caps, of more conventional broadband. The only other situation where its worth getting is if you can't get any other type of broadband. Even with the sorry state of Irish broadband I would think you would be able to get real broadband of some sort in the city center.

Advertisement