Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick masonry question

Options
  • 18-07-2007 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

There was recently some repair work carried out in my girlfriend's house to a low sized red brick wall, and the work was done in drizzling conditions. As a result, the concrete/mortar used to bond the bricks decided to leak over the surface of the bricks themselves, and now that it's dried, it looks like someone tried to white wash part of the wall, and failed miserably.

Is there a treatment I can use to get rid of this, or is it a case of getting the angle grinder out and fitting sanding discs to it? Any suggestions gratefully accepted!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

If you can't get them to come back and do it for her, then you can get brick acid like this which you brush into the surface. This dissolves the stains which can then be washed off. Follow the instructions carefully.

Grinding could remove the facing of the bricks and destroy them. You could also try a high pressure hose as a first attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Fantastic, sesswhat, I'll try that over the weekend!

Advertisement