Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Secondhand alloys, where to buy?

Options
  • 18-07-2007 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I'm trying to buy alloys with tyres, but dont know where.
    I need 4stud alloys to fit fiat punto, they are rare(advert, buyandsell -nothing)
    If anybody know addresses of shops/garages/any other places, please help me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭sicruise

Have you tried your luck at a scrap yard... you never know...

There is a good one on the west pier in dun laoghaire... I'd ring first though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

eBay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭skibum

Have you tried any fiat / punto forums, on line clubs?
    I managed to track down a set of cheap alloys for my MK3 golf through a club forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DaRo

sicruise wrote:
    Have you tried your luck at a scrap yard... you never know...

There is a good one on the west pier in dun laoghaire... I'd ring first though.
    I've been at two scrap yards in Finglas, and I only wasted my time.

ballooba wrote:
    eBay
    Shipping cost too expensive from UK and most alloys are "collection in person" only.
    I have been watching N.Ireland auctions but nothing there at the moment.

skibum wrote:
    Have you tried any fiat / punto forums, on line clubs?
    I managed to track down a set of cheap alloys for my MK3 golf through a club forum.
    I will try.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

Most places dont sell second hand alloys because they are fairly dodgy, cant tell if they are knackered untill you are driving at speed. Could be that you couldnt tell one is cracked inside untill your wheel has split in half while driving at 120kms on a motorway.

You could put a wanted add in buy and sell, adverts.ie and other free sites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

your best bets probly to post in the wanted section of modified car websites like racers haven etc...U'll gert loadsa replies

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DaRo

I was worrying about that rowanh, I won't be sure if they are ok(straight) unless I try them on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

Those are not bad, might be 100 blips for shipping, probably should contact them and ask.. Why do you want them second hand? You should be able to get failry cheap 14s here? What is your budget and what style do you want, can you find some pics of ones you like?

DaRo wrote:
    Shipping cost too expensive from UK and most alloys are "collection in person" only.
    I have been watching N.Ireland auctions but nothing there at the moment.
    A lot of those collection only auctions will allow you to arrange for a courier to collect. This means they have to package up the wheels. You could even arrange to have them collected from the persons place of work. Then you can price it with Interlink. Shouldn't be too expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

You can buy 15" alloys for under €500 with tyres now in this country. Theres no point in paying €320 + Shipping for 14" without tyres.

Any 4x100 alloys can fit a Punto with the correct studs.

VeVeX wrote:
    You can buy 15" alloys for under €500 with tyres now in this country. Theres no point in paying €320 + Shipping for 14" without tyres.

Any 4x100 alloys can fit a Punto with the correct studs.
    I only asked if they were the right size.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

ballooba wrote:
    I only asked if they were the right size.

It doesn't even mention PCD or offset in that listing. These two details are more relevant then the diameter being "the right size".

The Punto has a PCD of 4x98 and requires an offset between 35-45.

You can use a 4x100 wheel with special studs as ive mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you can use Bravo/Brava or Alfa 145/146 alloys too.

VeVeX wrote:
    It doesn't even mention PCD or offset in that listing. These two details are more relevant then the diameter being "the right size".
    PCD = Bolt Pattern. Very subtle plug of your own product above btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Not to hijack the thread but anyone got any idea where I could get the Nissan standard issue alloys for the 00/01 Nissan Primera. Pic attached:

Not to hijack the thread but anyone got any idea where I could get the Nissan standard issue alloys for the 00/01 Nissan Primera. Pic attached:
    scrapyards and ebay usually work.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Yeah tried ebay but just can't find them..

What is the story with buying them from scrapyards anyway, i.e. is it safe? Am worried about any flaws that aren't noticeable if they were involved in an accident.

if the car is in a head on impact, the back ones should be alright. suppose you can never tell though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Halfrauds have a few good deals behind the counter :p

Advertisement