Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What will you be eating for lunch today?

• 18-07-2007 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

I'm starving and i can't decide what i'd like for lunch.

What will you be eating?!

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

starving too, think i will be having an o'briens triple decker toostie.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Just found out theres a new Subway in Ballymount, w00t, foot longs FTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ShowUsYourXbox

Getting close now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Roll filled with chips, taco sauce and cheese. Then maybe a packet of McCoys Salt and Vinegar crisps.
    Healthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Soft roll with spicy chicken fillet, potato salad & lots of pepper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

I'm looking for a healthy / cheap option. I work in Centre of City, on O'Connell St. I have a half hour to an hour. Ideally I'd like something warm, or if not, at least filling.I've done O'briens, Dunnes, all sorts of Deli Sandwiches etc.

HELP! All suggestions welcome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Nothing. I don't eat anything until about 6 in the evening usually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

mcauley - the obvious hot option that springs to mind is soup. Not sure if you have access to a microwave, but I make batches of homemade soup and freeze them. Then just microwave them at work......tasty, nutritious and economical. If you don't have microwave, then I guess you could heat them in the morning and stick it in a flask.

If you have microwave access, you can do the same with curries, spag bol, lasagne, sweet & sours etc.

Other lunches for me are beans/spaghetti hoops on toast, salads, and (boring) sandwiches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

yep its soup for me.

avenmore tomato and basil + wholemeal toast with real butter. mmmm

dairy milk to follow (except i already ate most of it while the soup was in the micro!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

An overpriced brown roll with beef, sweet chilli and a chicken/bacon mix made by a complete idiot. It's being washed down by Lorina Orangeade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

A very boring but surprisingly tasty tuna & sweetcorn sandwich from Dunnes, their better for you range followed by a peach.. diet started today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

Chuckles30 - Thanks for the suggestion.

Soup does tend to be the most appealing option. I usually get soup from O'Briens at €3 a pop. Not bad. Are those ones available in a carton any use? Which ones would be recommended?

Oh I do have access to a Micro btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Ohh... I'm going to Avoca for lunch HAHM!

Yum yum yum yum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

ham and cheese sambo, might even add to that, perhaps a tomato and some mayo

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Having an apple and a bannana today for lunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭TEH REAL CDP

boiled egg and wholemeal toast. mug of tea.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I shall be making myself some broccoli soup.
    Mmm yum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I made a nice mince beef pie with pastry last night and had the leftovers today (heated up in the microwave). I also had a yoghurt and an apple. I try my best to bring lunch to work but sometimes you just want something nice (never canteen food though!)

Advertisement