Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John Morrison

• 18-07-2007 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭

Johnny Nitro = John Morrison wtf :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

bryanjf wrote:
    Johnny Nitro = John Morrison wtf :confused:
    Because MNM are gone and he's been split from Melina on different brands and he looks like a rock star, he's been given John Morrison, as a play on Jim Morrison ;)

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

His gimmick has changed too though he is now acting like a child prodigy who just grew up. He claims its his given name but his name is John Hennigan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Some amount of name changes he's had. As well as the already mentioned he was Johnny Spade and Johnny Blaze. I'm not to keen on the new name. I'll give it a chance though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

im sick of wrestling doing this! changing things with no explanation or regard for the past. imagine chuck lidell turning up for a bout and suddenly he was called "Phillip" Lidell or something. its nonsensical. what was wrong with johnny nitro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Haha, I always thought he looked like Jim Morrison but no one I ever said it to got it

I preferred "Johnny" though. Johnnys always have deadly surnames

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Being a huge Doors fan I find myself surprised that I actually like this. **** CM Punk, I'm all for Morrison!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

f*ck second names if the guy wants to be considered a top heel hes got to prove himself. Even triple h wasnt really over when he beat foley for his first world strap but hitting people with sledgehammers occasionaly and druging and kiddnapping the bosses daughter eventually did the trick. Being called Morrisson more than likely isnt going to make him a super heel. not overnight anyway.

forbesii wrote:
    what was wrong with johnny nitro?

It sounds like a kids cartoon for one! Nitro was a bad idea from the getgo for a name and i said it when i first saw him as Bischoffs lackey. It was obvious the name change was gonna come, it wasn't obvious that it would take so long for it to happen. But i guess they kept the name beginning with N for the sake of the MNM team. Now that there is bugger all chance of happening again, it's time for Hennigan to move on, and thats exactly what he's doing.

After all, nobody calls Steve Austin "Ringmaster" or HHH "Hunter Hearst Helmsley" anymore now do they? ;)

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

It sounds like a kids cartoon for one! Nitro was a bad idea from the getgo for a name and i said it when i first saw him as Bischoffs lackey. It was obvious the name change was gonna come, it wasn't obvious that it would take so long for it to happen. But i guess they kept the name beginning with N for the sake of the MNM team. Now that there is bugger all chance of happening again, it's time for Hennigan to move on, and thats exactly what he's doing.

After all, nobody calls Steve Austin "Ringmaster" or HHH "Hunter Hearst Helmsley" anymore now do they? ;)

VR!

i still call him Terra Ryzin :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

"Hunter Hearst Helmsley"
    Great gimmick. He should use it when he returns

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

VR!

No. you know my favourite wrestler is Mean Mark Callous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

The name change doesn't annoy me, they even did it in a sensible way (whats up with the WWE?). I like the Nitro/Punk fued and think its what ECW is about now, making stars.

Minto wrote:
    The name change doesn't annoy me, they even did it in a sensible way (whats up with the WWE?).

That one was fairly easy, before the lawsuit was filed they were trading was World Wrestling Federation Entertainment. When the fund won their case, they droped the F part, hence the marketing for "Get the F out".

Thus shortening it to World Wrestling Entertainment. Now that sounds pretty sensible to me, if you were trading on the stock exchange, what would you have done? :)

VR!

im surprised they didnt just go with WWWF or something, since thats what it was originally called when Vince senior was running the joint

^ well im not surprised NOW, just i was back in 2002 lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Damn Panda's

I just read some feedback on the Observer site, someone said that they didn't think it was a good idea to name Nitro after someone who had died of a drug overdose at this time. Not something that crossed my mind, but you'd almost wonder if it's a joke by Vince, who might actually believe that the wrestling industry holds no blame at all for the premature deaths of many guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Whoops, when I said what was up with WWE, I meant it was unusual that a gimmick change they did made sense. Not that I didn't understand why they became WWE. Sorry about the confusion, lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Minto wrote:
    Whoops, when I said what was up with WWE, I meant it was unusual that a gimmick change they did made sense. Not that I didn't understand why they became WWE. Sorry about the confusion, lol.

Yeah I got that and then reading through the rest of the thread I was like WTF are these people talking about now. You cant compare a wrestlers name change to WWE having to change their name. Thats pretty funny.

On the drug thing thats just stupid. I really doubt that was the intention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

It sounds like a kids cartoon for one!

Yeah, and John Morrison sounds like someone impersonating a dead rock star, is one really more cheesy than the other?!

VR!

Johnny Nitro was certainly an over the top name, but he's not the first wrestler to have that and get over (e.g. Chris Jericho), and it suited his flamboyant gimmick up until now I thought (again, e.g. Y2J), but it wasn’t half as bad as the Ringmaster (Or Chilli McFreeze!)
    I'd hold judgment on the new gimmick for a while, but my initial thoughts are that ripping off an old rock star was funny 20 years ago with Honky Tonk, but not something I want to see now (but I hope he proves me wrong)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭BENJAMIN61

I Hate Jhon Morrison

BENJAMIN61 wrote:
    I Hate Jhon Morrison

Any reason in particular?

D-FENS wrote:
    Yeah, and John Morrison sounds like someone impersonating a dead rock star, is one really more cheesy than the other?!

Cheesy, no more than his previous name, but it's certainly not cartoonish!
    Johnny Nitro was certainly an over the top name, but he's not the first wrestler to have that and get over (e.g. Chris Jericho), and it suited his flamboyant gimmick up until now I thought (again, e.g. Y2J), but it wasn’t half as bad as the Ringmaster (Or Chilli McFreeze!)
    I'd hold judgment on the new gimmick for a while, but my initial thoughts are that ripping off an old rock star was funny 20 years ago with Honky Tonk, but not something I want to see now (but I hope he proves me wrong)

Other bad Austin names the creative team were coming out with would be Fang McFrost and Ice Dagger! F*cking geniuses they have there in WWE creative, sad thing is over ten years later and bugger all has changed!

A word on Honky if i may, it's not so much that he was imitating a dead rock star as such, but during the 80s, the craze of Americans thinking and believing that Elvis was actually still alive and eating lunch at Burger King on a daily basis was HUGE. Any promotion would have been mad not to capitalise on that. In fact if i recall correctly, it was Stampede where he got that gimmick initially as Honky Tonk Wayne. Vince bought out Stampede, they just went over the top with the gimmick afterwards.

VR!

Advertisement