Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia Repair Centre(wateford)

• 18-07-2007 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Just wondering as anyone got their "slider" fixed in a nokia repair centre.I brought mine into the NRC in waterford and asked they guy would he repair it for me has it is only a month old.He said that his fone is the same and their is nothing he could do about it "its standard".Now from reading other fourms I see that other people got their n95's fixed in NRC in other counties.

The guy in the waterford centre must think I am f****in thick.
    This is the second time I dealt with this ignorant prat,I have just sent off email about this "bogey"to nokia telling them about his manner with me.I have heard from other poeple who visited the shop that he is the same with them.

The first time I asked him to upgrade firmware on my n73 he said yes he would but it would take a 30 mins and I would loose everything on my fone or else back it up to a mem card.So I said "no thanks" as I said didnt have a mem card.Then he reply's with "have you got something to hide on the fone"

Smart p***k

So I left before I was going to pull the c**t over the counter

Anyone else dealt with this pile of s**t

Also am going to dublin the weekend shopping,would they repair my slider up there.I bought it off ebay so cant send it back as it would take to much time as i am off on hols tues.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭( . )( . )

The Mobile Phone Repair Company
    Cellular House
    1 Sandyford Business Park
    Sandyford Industrial Estate
    Dublin 18

http://www.mprc.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Yes they bloody will! That guy was talking out of his arse. Give the place a call or else go back in and ask to speak to his Supervisor/Manager.

It's a manufacturing fault whether Nokia are admitting it yet or not. My missus just dropped mine in for me yesterday at the Sigma service centre. She told me that a guy came in as he'd forgotten his receipt from the receptionist. He spotted her handing over my N95 and heard her telling them about the slider. It turns out he had just handed in his N95 for repair with a faulty slider too.

Here is Sigma's address and number:

Sigma Wireless
    Address: Saint Margarets, Finglas, Dublin 11
    Phone: 1850660000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭power2614

Thanks lads...

Thanks lads...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

That guy in the NRC is a f***ing P****. I brought in a phone to get it looked at and he came up with all these excuses that he's busy blaa blaa blaa. Never going in their again best to go else where like Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

If its the same guy, I agree. Iv had nothing but problems with him but im pushy and wont leave it drop. He is pretty rude. I did make a complaint, to find out he is pretty much management.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Bummer

power2614 wrote:

The first time I asked him to upgrade firmware on my n73 he said yes he would but it would take a 30 mins and I would loose everything on my fone or else back it up to a mem card.So I said "no thanks" as I said didnt have a mem card.Then he reply's with "have you got something to hide on the fone"
    Does this mean if i walk into a vodafone store they can up grade my n73??

Thanks for the replies lads,i thought I was all alone.

What can we do?

I have already rang/email nokia

The more I think about this p**ck the more I get upset.

Its not as if I was bringing in a 3310 for f**ks sake,its a N95

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 glen64

power2614 wrote:
    Thanks for the replies lads,i thought I was all alone.

What can we do?

I have already rang/email nokia

The more I think about this p**ck the more I get upset.

Its not as if I was bringing in a 3310 for f**ks sake,its a N95
    I have to disagree with you guys. I have always had N series phones and brought them to the repair shop in Waterford. The guy there had my phone fixed and upgraded in 45 minutes. Before he took over, I had to wait 7 days. What other repair shop would do that? If you send it away through Vodafone or O2 you will be waiting for 10 days before you get it back. All my friends have had no problems what so ever there. You must have gone there with an attitude! After reading your post, I rang Nokia and told them that I was very pleased with the service, because I would much perfer to have my phone repaired the same day then have be without it for ten days and thats what you would have to do if he was not there!!!
    If you have a N series phone you should learn how to back up your stuff so it wont get deleted when the software is upgraded, its not his job to look after your things. Nokia told me that it is normal practice to upgrade the software on all phones that come in for repair, so anybody who is getting their phone fixed take note. Also, there has been no statement from Nokia on a faulty slide for the N95 as I was curious about my one. I rang 4 different repair places and they all said that there was no instructions sent to them regarding the slide needing to be replaced, so obviously the guy in Waterford was correct! I for one give the repair shop in Waterford 10 out of 10 and hope it stays there.

I already said they haven't "officially" stated that it is a problem but I know for a fact that it is. If you search in google for "N95 loose slider" you will see this for yourself.

I have been told by someone that works with Nokia that it is a manufacturing fault but obviously Nokia are not going to admit it as it will cost them millions.

• Advertisement

Kyub,have you looked at glen64 info.That post about the waterford nokia cnetre being 10 out of 10.

He only joined in Aug 2007 and that was his first post and now is giving a great review on a crap repair centre.

I bet this is our guy from the nokia centre,our else it is a major cowincidence

Yup, it sure looks like it!

What a loser,in here bull****ting on bout what a great service they have,when he is the one costing them busineess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

Have to comment, not even from waterford, but if its the service center the hatch at the top of the little stairs, I remember him from last year, went to get girlfriends phone fixed , he was a right smarmy, patronizing g*t and talked some crap.

Brought it to the center in Dawson st in Dublin picked it up 2-3 hours later.

PS This ones in the city center a few mins from grafton st and opposite mansion house.

Telephone Centre Address: Dawson Street, Dublin 2, Dublin
    Phone: 016776655

Thats him alrite...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

glen64 wrote:
    I have to disagree with you guys. I have always had N series phones and brought them to the repair shop in Waterford. The guy there had my phone fixed and upgraded in 45 minutes. Before he took over, I had to wait 7 days. What other repair shop would do that? If you send it away through Vodafone or O2 you will be waiting for 10 days before you get it back. All my friends have had no problems what so ever there. You must have gone there with an attitude! After reading your post, I rang Nokia and told them that I was very pleased with the service, because I would much perfer to have my phone repaired the same day then have be without it for ten days and thats what you would have to do if he was not there!!!
    If you have a N series phone you should learn how to back up your stuff so it wont get deleted when the software is upgraded, its not his job to look after your things. Nokia told me that it is normal practice to upgrade the software on all phones that come in for repair, so anybody who is getting their phone fixed take note. Also, there has been no statement from Nokia on a faulty slide for the N95 as I was curious about my one. I rang 4 different repair places and they all said that there was no instructions sent to them regarding the slide needing to be replaced, so obviously the guy in Waterford was correct! I for one give the repair shop in Waterford 10 out of 10 and hope it stays there.

And clearly you are the person in the repair shop or are somehow associated with him. Its very obvious in your post, you could of at least tried harder.

The guy in that store IS a snotty little git. Iv gone in there with several phones over periods of time, and he is not a nice guy at all. Clearly im not the only one with bad experience, a few people here have posted similar complaints about him.

The repair centers that Vodafone / O2 / Meteor send phones to are not any old Nokia repair center. They are more dedicated repairers who do a lot more advanced stuff then the smaller repair shops.

I for one think while the phone gets fixed in that store, the chap who works there is unpleasant and not friendly.

Advertisement