Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

eL top scorers

• 18-07-2007 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

Player................Club...........League.........Cup.........Total
    Roy O'Donovan.......Cork City..........13.............7............20
    Mark Quigley...........SPA.............11.............2............13
    Tadhg Purcell........Sh. Rvs...........10.............1............11
    Glen Crowe..........Bohemians..........6..............2.............8
    Derek Glynn..........Galway............6..............2.............8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

whats your point that roy is carrying the the rest of the cork team??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

There's no doubt that without Roy, Cork wouldn't be in the position they are in today.

Hmm. I tried looking at the CCFC website to find out just how many points Roy has won them this season, but I can't find the scorers for their games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Well he is gone now, so looks like John O Flynn is going to have to step up again.

gimmick wrote:
    Well he is gone now
    So are City then.

Goodbye title, however slight the chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Gone? Where?
    Link!

• Advertisement

Rumours are that Chesterfield and Hereford, from League 2, were interested anyway.

That's probably about the right standard for the top scorer in the eL Premier Division, I mean Jason Byrne has hardly set the Championship alight.

So it's probably one of them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Aidy Boothroyd, manager of Watford was over looking at him last night. Nottingham Forest have been tracking him for about a year and also rumours of Hull and Leeds being interested too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Fulham bought him afaik 450k + 20% sell on and another lump if makes 20 apps.

Good deal overall unless he does a kevin Doyle but i doubt it tbh.

Woot Quigo top scorer :D

How many penos has Roy dived for and scored? Or maybe just the scored part?

kdjac

Hmm.

Off The Ball are reporting that it's Forest. Expected to table a formal bid by the end of the week.

Could your info be dodgy KdjacL?

seansouth wrote:
    Hmm.

Off The Ball are reporting that it's Forest. Expected to table a formal bid by the end of the week.

Could your info be dodgy KdjacL?

On radio all day today.

Done deal according to them and CCFC doing press thing tonight.

kdjac

• Advertisement

Southend or Fulham.

I know where I'd be going.

Bit of a no brainer really.....so southend then for Roy :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Let the bidding begin.

Unless we get an offer over €700,000 + add ons I'd keep him and try and give ourselves the best chance of winning the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

How much can Cork expect to get from a tribunal ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Ive heard figures between €150 -250k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

Some of the figures people are mentioning here are ridiculous! Winning the league could be worth upwards of 500k to us. Selling Roy for less than 700k would be madness, and we won't either. About time the eL raised its standards in the money stakes.

adam_ccfc wrote:
    Some of the figures people are mentioning here are ridiculous! Winning the league could be worth upwards of 500k to us. Selling Roy for less than 700k would be madness, and we won't either. About time the eL raised its standards in the money stakes.

with or with roy you aint gona win the league:p

redzerdrog wrote:
    with or with roy you aint gona win the league:p
    We win our 2 games in hand and we're a point behind Pat's. What makes you think we're not going to win it? And it's between the two of us as well.
    Drogs will fall apart, Doolin the bottler will lose it again. Wait and see. Ye play horrible, conservative, defensively-minded football.

adam_ccfc wrote:
    We win our 2 games in hand and we're a point behind Pat's. What makes you think we're not going to win it? And it's between the two of us as well.
    Drogs will fall apart, Doolin the bottler will lose it again. Wait and see. Ye play horrible, conservative, defensively-minded football.

lol, oh yeh i wish we played the free flowing unfiltered dutch total football that the rest of the league plays. Get a grip of yourself.

• Advertisement

oh ye only have one game in hand over us that IF ye win will put ye 5 points behind.
    this with the fact your Best/Only player is about to leave and drogs best player (the bear) is back in training and will be back in 3 weeks i cant see cork finishing ahead of is this year.

Make that 2 once we beat ye on Sunday :)

adam_ccfc wrote:
    Make that 2 once we beat ye on Sunday :)

yeh sorry i forgot about that.

I think ye should beat us sunday teams havent a great record after europe and yas are at home so i would be happy with a draw. Hopefully our defensive game can cope with your free flowing attacking football:)

Advertisement