Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell Us How You See The Team Linup This Year?

Options
  • 18-07-2007 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭

With all the comings and goings, what do you think our best 11 could be this year?:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Not too sure if Jol intends sticking with a 4-4-2 or not, pre-season suggests he will.

Bale will definitely feature at LB, and I hope Kaboul becomes a regular, either at CB alongside Dawson (with King kept for the big 'uns) or as a defenisve midfielder.

As things currently stand, our midfield will be unchanged from last years, with Tainio/Steed shoring up the left side. If SWP and Boateng arrive then I'd expect Lennon to play on the left with SWP on the right and probably Jenas dropped to the bench for Boateng.

Up front I want Bent playing regularly, which might mean Keane doesn't feature as much. Defoe will hardly feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Still some transfers to come and go I would have thought but I'll have a bash. I hope to god that King is fit and firing on all cylinders as he makes a huge difference when fit.

Bale will be the only newcomer at the back assuming Chimbonda stays, I have a feeling Kaboul will be introduced slowly, but again that may change if King is not 100 %. Lennon Zokora and the lovechild JJ to start alongside a newcomer, maybe swp,petrov or the prince.

Up tops, I cant see past Berb and Bent. Why spend 16 million on the lad and have him picking splinters. Of course robbie will have a huge part to play and if he starts off in the same form as the 2nd part of last season, he may well give bent a run for his money to partner Berb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

my favoured line up

Robbo
    Chimbonda
    King
    Dawson
    Bale
    Lennon
    Zokora
    Jenas/Boateng?
    Malbranque/Taarabt
    Keane
    Berba

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

As things currently stand, our midfield will be unchanged from last years, with Tainio/Steed shoring up the left side. If SWP and Boateng arrive then I'd expect Lennon to play on the left with SWP on the right and probably Jenas dropped to the bench for Boateng.

Up front I want Bent playing regularly, which might mean Keane doesn't feature as much. Defoe will hardly feature.

Depends on how good Boateng is. With swp and lennon on the wings the centre midfield is gonna have to be of a very high standard. If not we're gonna be hammered against the better teams especially away from home. One thing for certain and based soley on what we've seen so far last season Jenas and Zoks cant be relied on to hold a midfield with 2 out and out wingers.

As regards Bent, I'm sure he'll start with Berbs but I just wonder how much of a partnership they'll strike up? Berbs and keane seemed to be on the one wavelength so I'm not too sure about breaking it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

If the season started tomorrow:

Robbo

Chimbonda Dawson King Lee

Lennon Zokora Jenas Bale

Berbatov Bent

Obviously there would be some changes if SWP and a decent central midfielder arrives. Don't want to count my chickens just yet.

Hope I don't have to suffer another season with Steed, Teemu, Ghaly or Mido in the 1st team. All painfully average and simply don't cut the mustard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

Guess I never said, but if things work out here is my 4th place finishing team for the season!

Robbinson

Chimbonda Dawson King Bale

SWP Zokora Boateng Lennon

Berbatov Bent

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

More likely to be Petrov at this stage.

Berbs and Keane for me up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I don't see why people would like to break up the Keane Berbatov partnership after it being so good last season. Fair enough, Keane generally starts the season slowly and comes good, and if this happens then Bent should get his run out, but with 45 goals between them that's one area I (inititally) wouldn't touch! My ideal lineup with our current players.....

Robinson
    Chimbonda Dawson Kaboul Bale
    Lennon Jenas Zokora Tainio
    Keane Berbatov

Ideally, to start the season I'd like Lee at left back, with Bale getting a few cameo appearances to acclimatise himself with the league. Having Tainio on the left wing tightens that wing up meaning Zok & Jenas don't have to be so defensive. If King is fit then obviously I'd swap Kaboul with him, but I don't know if he'll be ready for the start of the season. The subs bench would be;

Cerny, Thudd, Taarbat, Rocha, Bent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

I'd also start with Keane and Berbatov

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

The subs bench hardly puts the fear of god into yer!

• Advertisement
Advertisement