Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

can nokia n95 sim free be used with vodafone prepay

• 18-07-2007 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

doe anyone know if i bought a sim free nokia n95 would i be able to just slot my nokia n70 vodafone prepay sim into it or would there be some crackin involved

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭( . )( . )

doe anyone know if i bought a sim free nokia n95 would i be able to just slot my nokia n70 vodafone prepay sim into it
    yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Just slot in and go!

You may need to download the MMS and ISP settings though. This can be done from Nokia I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

i bought the N95 vodafone ready to go - using it with my 3 sim. for the laugh i put the vodafone sim in and browsed to vodafone live pages - cost me €1.60 for viewing 2 pages on their own menu - presumable cos the vodafone software is not loaded on the phone so it treated it like normal browsing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

You sure it was Vodafone Ready to Go?! If so,how much?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

i bought the N95 vodafone ready to go - using it with my 3 sim. for the laugh i put the vodafone sim in and browsed to vodafone live pages - cost me €1.60 for viewing 2 pages on their own menu - presumable cos the vodafone software is not loaded on the phone so it treated it like normal browsing...

The N95 is not on Voda Ready to Go
    You must mean you purchased it sim free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭geurrp the yard

If you were viewing voda content on vf live you shouldnt have been charged 1.40, you must have been on a external website. As for the n95 , its not a rtg phone, He must have got it sim free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

whisht wrote:
    The N95 is not on Voda Ready to Go
    You must mean you purchased it sim free
    As for the n95 , its not a rtg phone, He must have got it sim free.

Ehh, yes it is. I don't understand how both of you can make statements as if they were fact. Feel free to say you don't THINK they are on ready to go.

As stated - I purchased the N95 on Vodafone READY TO GO.

Go check the vodafone stores in grafton and henry street.

The first batch of the N95's that Vodafone received have no Voda software loaded and ARE SIM FREE. - but you would want to make sure you got one of those. €599.

YOu can also verify this at Templecom on the Quays - where I got mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The n95 is available on Vodafone's RTG service. 100%

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Ehh, yes it is. I don't understand how both of you can make statements as if they were fact. Feel free to say you don't THINK they are on ready to go.

As stated - I purchased the N95 on Vodafone READY TO GO.

Go check the vodafone stores in grafton and henry street.

The first batch of the N95's that Vodafone received have no Voda software loaded and ARE SIM FREE. - but you would want to make sure you got one of those. €599.

YOu can also verify this at Templecom on the Quays - where I got mine.
    yep i bought mine near 2 weeks ago in vodafone in omni, carphone warehouse in omni have them for sale on RTG but they were sold out at the time. was in the vodafone in the pavillions yesterday and they were still on RTG and simfree/unbranded :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

Vodafone business upgrade is just over €300 for a new, standard, unlocked, made-in-finland Nokia N95. (with a 1Gb microSD thrown in)

You could always find a heavy business user (look for their silver Nokia 6310i) and ask them for a favour; they keep their trusty workhorse, and you get a top-o-the-line gizmo for half price....

just sayin' like... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lunacyfoundme

the one i got in vodafone in dundalk must be one of the early ones. theres no vodafone logo on the case like my last one, i got charged for browsing vodafone live and i can see any vodafone browsing software. on my n70 it was fairly obvious you were using vodafone software.

when im browsing too it always asks me to select an access point which the vodafone software never did. does anyone know if its possible to download and install the vodafone software. i only ask cause i used to use live a lot to check football news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,942 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Unless they fixed that Nokia page....

I've been waiting over three weeks to receive the text from that site.

Advertisement