Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Rook + Probes

Options
  • 18-07-2007 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭

I'm bored so I thought I'd share my experiences with the new love of my life. Whack on T2 heavies and the usual ecm, scram and web and become a solo pwn mobile ina 1v1 fight.

So far I've killed a bunch of the usual cruisers etc (a nubbins in a caracel locked, scrammed and fired on me the other night, I did nothing in return for a minute and asked him what he thought he was doing. Testing his weapons he cockily said when I locked him down and started to kill him. He even wanted me to stop and let him go.....)and in 2 nights ransomed a Mryrm for 50mill and a mega for 20 (megapilot was a noob, what he would have dropped would have been rubbish). I also had a hulk and a 70 mill ransom agreed when I forgot to stop firing and popped him..... Oh the shame.

It's just fab this ship. The pvppers sit in there safes cackling about the ppl they're gonna kill when I probe em out and warp in on them, close them down and take em apart. I always heard that caldari recons were poo but seriously this ship is amazing and when I fly with my manti flying corp mate to add on more dps it's just great.

It's major downside is if you miss a cycle against a drone ship you can be in trouble but in general even if it goes tits up and you're swarmed with T2 nasties you're gonna get another jam in and warp away if you can't take the drones out.

Anyway, that's all I wanted to say. Rook ftw, most fun I've had since I started flying the harpy months back. Oh and another downside is all the killrights ppl have against you cos they never get a fire back opportunity :) :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

My fit on meh rook:

5x t2 heavies, Recon Launcher;
    Sensor Booster t2, 4x Multispecs, Large Shield Extender t2, Warp Disruptor t2;
    2x "Hypnos" Signal Amplifier;

We're you using Multi's or racials?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

As I'm going solo I've got:

T2 heavies and recon launcher

Webby, scram, 1 caldari racial, 1 gallente racial and 3 multi (all best named)

2 amps

I figure the ships I see the most are caldari and gallente so have the racials to help, the multis are good for anything. I carry cheap named racials of all races in my hold so if I find a big, hard to jam target who is safed up looking for targets I'll dock and fit to fight them solely so I get mostly perma jams on them.

I'm assuming your set up is for gangs yeah? I decided against any sort of a tank personally as well as the booster seeing as it all detracts from the ships strong point, jamming. I figure ecm is my tank and in general I don't engage unless I know my opponent is on his own or failing that that I'm confident I'll have enough time to kill the target and excape the backup. With the exception of being damped to **** or jumped by a gang I can't see how this ship could lose 1v1 or even against higher odds as long as you got the jams in.

Biggest pain in the bum is the negative affect of furies and the cap..... However caldari scourge hit for only a few hp less and I use them even if they are mad expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

I'm bored so I thought I'd share my experiences with the new love of my life. Whack on T2 heavies and the usual ecm, scram and web and become a solo pwn mobile ina 1v1 fight.

So far I've killed a bunch of the usual cruisers etc (a nubbins in a caracel locked, scrammed and fired on me the other night, I did nothing in return for a minute and asked him what he thought he was doing. Testing his weapons he cockily said when I locked him down and started to kill him. He even wanted me to stop and let him go.....)and in 2 nights ransomed a Mryrm for 50mill and a mega for 20 (megapilot was a noob, what he would have dropped would have been rubbish). I also had a hulk and a 70 mill ransom agreed when I forgot to stop firing and popped him..... Oh the shame.

It's just fab this ship. The pvppers sit in there safes cackling about the ppl they're gonna kill when I probe em out and warp in on them, close them down and take em apart. I always heard that caldari recons were poo but seriously this ship is amazing and when I fly with my manti flying corp mate to add on more dps it's just great.

It's major downside is if you miss a cycle against a drone ship you can be in trouble but in general even if it goes tits up and you're swarmed with T2 nasties you're gonna get another jam in and warp away if you can't take the drones out.

Anyway, that's all I wanted to say. Rook ftw, most fun I've had since I started flying the harpy months back. Oh and another downside is all the killrights ppl have against you cos they never get a fire back opportunity :) :mad:

QUOTIN' DIS!!!1!1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Renesco

You suck i would kill you in a vexor or arbitrator

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

Renesco wrote:

This is why we can't have nice things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Renesco wrote:

Shrugs... Is this assuming your drones have been launched before you were jammed? Jamming is a bit of an iwin button but it's fun tho which was the point of this thread just to mention it.

Advertisement