Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamachi

Options
  • 18-07-2007 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

Just wondering does anyone have any experience with hamachi (virtual Lan). I'm trying to set up a network with some friends, but cant get it to work for one.
    I've read through the forums etc and cant find a solution. We can all ping/chat him but he still cant see any of the games on the network. The only difference i can see is that he is using chorus BB while we're all using Ericom. Does anyone know would this make a difference? Anyone use chorus and Hamachi without any problems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Hi

I have used hamachi a few times before and had no issues, Is his connection being relayed, i have noticed before that can often be the cause of any connection issues. I have recently found the following application also but i havent used it .. so might be worth looking at also Secure IDA

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

tommycahir wrote:
    Hi

I have used hamachi a few times before and had no issues, Is his connection being relayed, i have noticed before that can often be the cause of any connection issues. I have recently found the following application also but i havent used it .. so might be worth looking at also Secure IDA

Thanks for the help but i'm after giving up trying to get it work on his pc. I'll give that other program a look tho.
    Cheers,
    Smithy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

smithy1981 wrote:
    Just wondering does anyone have any experience with hamachi (virtual Lan). I'm trying to set up a network with some friends, but cant get it to work for one.
    I've read through the forums etc and cant find a solution. We can all ping/chat him but he still cant see any of the games on the network. The only difference i can see is that he is using chorus BB while we're all using Ericom. Does anyone know would this make a difference? Anyone use chorus and Hamachi without any problems?
    Not pluggng the magazine, but there was a good, four-page guide in Linux Format [June 2007/issue 93]. You can probably get a back issue here if you wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

You need to open a port on all users machines cant remember what one it is tho, after that it works perfectly.

great for old games with no netplay only LAN.

kdjac

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

This is what came up when I searched hamachi but my question is.

I can install hamachi on 2 laptops and connect to each other.
    But is there a way to connect an Android phone?
    Do I need to use an hamachi alternative?

Sorry if this is vague

• Advertisement
Advertisement