Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Good Restaurants??

• 18-07-2007 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,
    Does anybody know of any good restaurants in the maynooth, leixlip areas in Kildare ???

I would be really grateful for any help!!
    Thnks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

The Village at Lyons - it's really really really faberooney. I've only eaten in Cafe LeSerre so far, but it has been top notch!

It would be more the Celbridge direction, but defo worth a visit.
    http://www.villageatlyons.com/

HAHM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭smurfbaby

Becketts in Leixlip is probably the best, slightly pricier than other restaurants in the area but food is much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

smurfbaby wrote:
    Becketts in Leixlip is probably the best, slightly pricier than other restaurants in the area but food is much better.

QFT!

I'm going on Tuesday, the food is amazing there!! Definately reccommend it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭burnedfaceman

yo thai teppanyaki, trust me you wont regret it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

As said, Becketts in Leixlip is truly fabulous. A treat.

For good pizza and pasta, try Da Vincis in Leixlip (the cappricciosa is particularly good). There is another nice Italian place in Celbridge but its name has escaped me. Da Marios maybe? (Perhaps somebody can correct me.) They do a fine steak. AVOID Michelangelos.

For delicious "Thai fusion" try the Lemongrass in the Glenroyal Hotel in Maynooth. I know it's a chain but it has good atmosphere, good staff and good food.

The rest of the restaurants are pretty standard and overpriced. For cheap and cheerful try the Royal City in Maynooth (standard Chinese grub). The staff are awesome. For a more general cheap and cheerful menu go for the Roost, but there's no atmosphere there. :) It's a studenty superpub. Great burgers though!

• Advertisement
Advertisement