Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subbing

Options
  • 18-07-2007 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,
    this may have already been asked but is there a register in Galway where you can sign up for subbing at primary level? I'm an Arts graduate with no teaching experience, hoping to do the Hibernia course next year. Do you need to be qualified to sign up? I know a CV and legwork is the best option, and I'm taking the big leap next month and quitting my job...eek.
    Can anyone just tell me where this elusive register is located?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

You can only register when qualified but word of mouth is honestly the best way so fear not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Ger4

Hi,
    I am a primary teacher in Cork, and in our school, we have a list of Substitute teachers that we draw on. These are usually people who have worked in the school already, so your best bet to get teaching experience through substitute work is by delivering your CV to primary schools in your area. It may be no harm to try more isolated schools also, as these can often find it difficult to get substitute teachers. Good luck with it!
    ReeRee wrote:
    Hi,
    this may have already been asked but is there a register in Galway where you can sign up for subbing at primary level? I'm an Arts graduate with no teaching experience, hoping to do the Hibernia course next year. Do you need to be qualified to sign up? I know a CV and legwork is the best option, and I'm taking the big leap next month and quitting my job...eek.
    Can anyone just tell me where this elusive register is located?

Advertisement