Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to buy RAM

Options
  • 18-07-2007 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking to buy some extra RAM for a machine I bought recently from Dell.
    Any recommendations for suppliers of good quality, reasonably priced RAM?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭toco123

In order:
    www.komplett.ie
    Irelands best place for buying components

www.ebay.ie
    Can be difficult to get into ebay but for memory you can pick up a bargain but never buy without looking around

www.adverts.ie
    People are always selling their memory here and you just sign in as your boards.ie username and password

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Cassiel

also www.memoryc.ie and www.dabs.ie.
    Dabs had the best prices for crucial value ram but its started to creep up again. Any of the value ram will do the job, no need for the stuff with heatspreaders.
    www.crucial.com/eu and use the memory finder there to match the ram with your system.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭dkane

The RAM I need is ddr2 pc2-5300 fully buffered RAM.
    Ideally I want 2GB (A pair of 1GB modules) but if they are very pricey I will make do with 1GB.
    I use Komplett a good bit, they are great for consumer grade stuff but they don't stock this RAM.

dkane wrote:
    The RAM I need is ddr2 pc2-5300 fully buffered RAM.
    Ideally I want 2GB (A pair of 1GB modules) but if they are very pricey I will make do with 1GB.
    I use Komplett a good bit, they are great for consumer grade stuff but they don't stock this RAM.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=312372

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Try http://www.shop4memory.com/ there Irish and based in Kildare.

• Advertisement

toco123 wrote:

This is unbuffered RAM. It has a different form factor to fully buffered DIMMS

Lol... i'm going to give up liking computers!!!

toco123 wrote:
    Lol... i'm going to give up liking computers!!!

Tell me about it!
    The reason I know that its different is that I went and bought a pair of those DIMMs on komplett.

Dabs have a 2GB set for about €120 ex VAT might go for these.

Thanks for all the quick replies.

Advertisement