Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crete

• 18-07-2007 3:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭

Heading over in two weeks time. Going with my gf and another couple. We are staying in Lyda Beach in Gouves. I think its close enough to Hersonisos.

We'll probably go scuba diving, and i think there is a water park nearby also. The travel agent said that hersonisos has a lively night life so we will prob end up there most nights

Anybody have any other good ideas for the holiday.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Stalis is nice. Go to the archaeological museum in heraklion 9you can get a bus from Gouves). Also visit the minoan palace at Knossos (amazing archaeology). You can also go on a diving/boat trip to sissi (its a lovely 'old fashioned' greek village like captain corellis mandarin (she'll like that). Enjoy your holiday! A lot of day excursions can be booked cheaply from the travel agents in the villages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

i was there last year. If you can ask for a room with a sea view. we had the room directly over the entrance..looks dark but it was nice an cool and had the lovely sea breeze comin in the mornings.

Definately go to the water park. Tell yer gf to wear bikini shorts n a good bikini bra cos you come of some of the slides with such speed you can lose the bloody thing!!

I would definately recommend a trip to Santorini too. its a full day trip but well worth it. the reps will tell you all bout it. and if you go...dont go for the donkey rides..its cruel to make them take you up to the top!! you'll see what i mean if you go!

Stalis seemed to have all the watersports..its the other side of Hersonnasis.

The restaurant beside Lyda do lovely breakfasts...we went there every morning. and their so so nice!Our first nite there was the eurovision n the owner gave us loads of free drinks and shots wen the irish n greek songs were on. the whole family are so nice!

Also the beach in front of the huge hotel (think maybe called the palace) down the road is much nicer. sand is less pebbly.

P.s dont get into a taxi without agreeing a price first or you'll get fleeced!

Advertisement