Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband probs since format

Options
  • 18-07-2007 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭

Hi

I formatted last night and since then have been having problems with my connection. MSN works most of the time, nothing wrong there. IRC and webpages work only half the time. When I start up the computer neither work at all, it takes a while. I can ping websites and can access them using their IP addresses. Im assigned DNS servers (BT): 195.125.2.240 and 195.124.2.241 as this fixed the same problem I had on my other computer a couple of months back, but it hasnt helped me really.

Im using XP Pro (no service packs), Esat BT 3mb line with the default Zyxel Prestige 600 router.

I've run scans for adware and virus' but Im pretty sure my pc is clean. Thanks!

edit: I couldnt even post this thread without "repairing" my connection just now. My network card is a Realtek RTL8029(AS)-based Ethernet Adapter (Generic)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Install SP2 and all the latest updates for XP ASAP.

Sounds like a DNS issue. Try using the OpenDNS addresses instead: 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

Advertisement