Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 HSDPA on PDA/Smartphone

• 18-07-2007 4:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭

Looking at getting myself a PDA with phone built in. Was looking at the Toshiba G900 but it's getting slated. So now between the Kaiser and e90.

Question is though - can I use the PDA for web or downloading email over HSDPA? I thought you could until I got a response to my query from O2:

Question: Is it possible to have the broadband package added to an account and have my voice and broadband on the same SIM? Basically I want to be able to use the broadband package off my handset.

Answer: "In relation to your query it is not actually possible to use broadband from your handset. You could however use the same SIM card if it is a 3G SIM."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Obviously some O2 call center staff just can't wait to get home and watch Eastenders. Still, looking at some of the other posts here, no-one in O2 seems to know 100% what works and what doesn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

SachaJ wrote:
    Looking at getting myself a PDA with phone built in. Was looking at the Toshiba G900 but it's getting slated. So now between the Kaiser and e90.

Question is though - can I use the PDA for web or downloading email over HSDPA? I thought you could until I got a response to my query from O2:

Question: Is it possible to have the broadband package added to an account and have my voice and broadband on the same SIM? Basically I want to be able to use the broadband package off my handset.

Answer: "In relation to your query it is not actually possible to use broadband from your handset. You could however use the same SIM card if it is a 3G SIM."

According to Urban Weigl here, you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

good stuff....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

SachaJ wrote:
    Looking at getting myself a PDA with phone built in. Was looking at the Toshiba G900 but it's getting slated. So now between the Kaiser and e90

I've had one for two weeks now and have not experienced the problems people are reporting, mainly crashing and reseting.

It has loads of free ram, unlike my previous Hermes, even with many programs running, the 800x480 screen is great for remote desktop and logmein.

Also Toshiba have promised to release an updated rom this month, and expansys in response have stated that anyone who purchased a g900 from them will have 21 days to return it AFTER Toshiba release the update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Toshiba have now released the patch for the G900 and from reports it does fix the problem so no reason not to get one now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I went into an O2 shop last week to ask about this. They said the only addon package for mobile web is up to 25mb (can't remember the price I think it was about 20 euro).

The idiot behind the counter was telling me that thats all anybody would need as it's only on a phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

I believe that you can have voice/text on a broadband USIM, but you can't have any voice/text bundles. o2 agents have been pretty consistent on this when I've rang.

Advertisement