Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista System Restore Access Denied

• 18-07-2007 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi there, everytime that I attempt to create a restore point on my Vista Home premium p/c I get this error message,

"The restore point could not be created for the following reason: Access is Denied. (0x80070005) Please try again." :confused:

So i've tried a few times and re-booted a few more but still no joy :mad: , I googled the error message but the answers i got confused me even more. My last restore point is the 27/02/07 which is when i bought the p/c.

I found a site that said that I have to change the permissions to allow the system to create resotre points ? ? ? I don't really know how correct this is and if its ok to change the user permissions.

If anyone else out there has had a similar problem and might know a solution please drop a post.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Feeder wrote:
    Hi there, everytime that I attempt to create a restore point on my Vista Home premium p/c I get this error message,

"The restore point could not be created for the following reason: Access is Denied. (0x80070005) Please try again." :confused:

So i've tried a few times and re-booted a few more but still no joy :mad: , I googled the error message but the answers i got confused me even more. My last restore point is the 27/02/07 which is when i bought the p/c.

I found a site that said that I have to change the permissions to allow the system to create resotre points ? ? ? I don't really know how correct this is and if its ok to change the user permissions.

If anyone else out there has had a similar problem and might know a solution please drop a post.
    I found a similar solution. Open up the root partition of your Windows installation [probably C:\].

Click on Tools --> Folder Options --> View. Choose to show hidden files and not to hide important system files. Click OK. You'll now see more folders in C:\. Right click on System Volume Information. Choose Properties --> Security. Give yourself [i.e. your username] full control and click OK.

I recommend you now hide system files again. It's fine to show hidden files.

Now try to create a restore point.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Feeder

Sorry but how do i open the root partition :confused: , complete novice here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

He means C drive (usually)

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Feeder

Cheers guys system restore successfully created, i was getting stuck with the lack of the file, edit, view etc... menu. Wonder why they hid this :confused: ? ?

I got the BSOD 2 weeks ago and when it restored it went back to Feb. lost alot of programmes and settings ya know, anyhow thanks again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Feeder wrote:
    Cheers guys system restore successfully created, i was getting stuck with the lack of the file, edit, view etc... menu. Wonder why they hid this :confused: ? ?

I got the BSOD 2 weeks ago and when it restored it went back to Feb. lost alot of programmes and settings ya know, anyhow thanks again :D
    No problem. Glad it worked.

• Advertisement
Advertisement