Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Mobile Device Centre not detecting device

• 18-07-2007 4:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

I'm having trouble with, sigh, ActiveSync. On Vista and device using WM5 on an XDA Orbit platform my XDA is now not being detected when connected via USB.

- the XDA charges via the connection, so it's not a loose connect
    - the XDA used to connect, just 4 days ago
    - there's been almost zero change to the XDA in that 4 days, nothing of significance
    - I've upgraded ActiveSync on Vista to latest
    - I've tried both advanced and standard USB connections on the device.

Has anyone got any further advice? Where do I go from here?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Noone else hit this then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

try to contact with o2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭emul

Go to XDAdevelopers.com and do a search for activesync & vista, try networking forum, you'll find your not the only one...and there are solutions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Trojan wrote:
    I'm having trouble with, sigh, ActiveSync. On Vista and device using WM5 on an XDA Orbit platform my XDA is now not being detected when connected via USB.

- the XDA charges via the connection, so it's not a loose connect
    - the XDA used to connect, just 4 days ago
    - there's been almost zero change to the XDA in that 4 days, nothing of significance
    - I've upgraded ActiveSync on Vista to latest
    - I've tried both advanced and standard USB connections on the device.

Has anyone got any further advice? Where do I go from here?

Cheers!

Google is your friend, googling "activesync vista" gives you this as the first item:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/activesync/default.mspx

Activesync has been replaced by Windows Mobile Device Center in Vista

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭emul

Be it called WMDC or activesync it still doesn't work properly for many devices under Vista. I have downgraded the USB drivers under Vista in order to have sync, even then it is hit and miss.

• Advertisement
Advertisement