Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDip in Economics UCC

• 18-07-2007 4:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Has anybody here done this course?
    If so how did you find it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

Jason1984 wrote:
    Hi,

Has anybody here done this course?
    If so how did you find it?

Thanks!

I am doing an undergrad in Economics at UCC and the hdips are in a few of my classes. I will put it this way:

Meh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭Rosita

Meh!

Can anyone translate this?:confused:

Rosita wrote:
    Can anyone translate this?:confused:

Economics in UCC aint great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 michaelgriffin8

what do u find wrong with it? im doin the undergrad too.

what do u find wrong with it? im doin the undergrad too.

My problem with it is it is pitched to the lowest common denominator, they seem to reward mediocrity. I haven't found it the least bit challenging. The fact that their MA accepts people with a 2.2 degree says it all really.

• Advertisement

i see...my friend failed his exams in 3rd year but passed the repeats in autumn, got brought up to a 2:1 (he was sick during the exam and got the cap removed) and got into the new financial masters. i havent heard of anyone getting into the MA with a 2:2 tho really...the only explanation that comes to mind is that they didnt have enough people to fill the positions. my friend was chosen over a load of other people because he had done well in the econometrics modules he took and maths was his other subject so he was more suited to the masters than others...

i think the econ dept is run pretty well tho and from my limited knowledge the masters programmes are run well too. u have problems in every dept in every institution in the country but the econ dept seems to be one that is growing and developing the whole time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnnyq

Linky:
    http://www.esr.ie/Vol38_3/02%20Vol%2038%20Tol%20Ruane.pdf

In Find (Ctrl&F) type 'UCC' :rolleyes:

johnnyq wrote: »
    Linky:
    http://www.esr.ie/Vol38_3/02%20Vol%2038%20Tol%20Ruane.pdf

In Find (Ctrl&F) type 'UCC' :rolleyes:

My point proven.

yes of course, point proven.