Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlesland Childcare centre

Options
  • 18-07-2007 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

****Sorry for duplicate - couldn't see original post. *****

Hi,

I am thinking of booking a place for my child in Charlesland Childcare centre.
    Does anyone have any experience of this creche?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 BonnieD

My daughter's been there nearly two years, and loves it! Nothing bad to report at all, thank god..

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Tomato

The Park Academy opening soon in Eden Gate. Fantastic creche - best you will get by far!! Dont know the opening date yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ryecatcher

Hi, have only heard feedback from one other mum of a montessori child and she was very happy with it. I will have my little one starting there in Sept. I went with my instinct - the staff and children seemed very happy and the facilities are good. That, and Puroga said they had a 2yr waiting list!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

montessori was very good for our clild, but her teacher went to Australia! Our child has now left the montessori part and is now an "after schooler", so we dont know how good the replacement is.

Overall we are happy with it.

The only criticism we would have is that they tend to give the kids sweets/biscuts.

That said the staff are very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Lin03

Thanks a lot for the replies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Lin03

Thanks for the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Lin03 wrote:
    ****Sorry for duplicate - couldn't see original post. *****.

I've merged the two threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭DTinthegrove

Lin03 wrote:
    Thanks for the replies.

Charlesland Montessori run by the lovely Rita Burns. Our two guy went here and had a ball and they seem to be flying it now at St Patricks.

If you want any more info feel free to pm me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 NiamhB

Hi there,
    Does anyone know of cheaper childcare options? Is anyone pooling a qualified nurse or the like? All suggestions appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 katek

Does anyone know where to get information about childminders within the charlesland area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Katek,

I don't know anyone myself yet but am looking at the options for my little one and this is the information I've found so far.

Do have a look at this list on HSE webite. There is a good list of varied types of 'pre-school' activities in Wicklow. Maybe some of these could be registered childminding services. I know its a broad spectrum but perhaps you might find something ideal.

Also you might have a browse around this website and contact them for people in the area.

Perhaps, as NiamhB asks, we should knock our heads together and see if there is any use in finding someone who would like to start up an informal minding service to save us a few bob! Pool in together or something??

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 katek

thanks for that astrofluff-I will have a look. I dont know my work situation as yet but trying to do some groundwork.

Advertisement