Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

65nm CPU, when sit coming?

• 18-07-2007 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

Just wondering, i wanna get my 360 as soon as, but if i buy it next week with the 90nm, id be pretty pissed if 2 weeks later the 65nm comes out. So has there been any leaks as to when they're bringing it out?

And also, if i had a 90nm, and then by chance it actually did have a ring of death yoke, would they replace it with the 65nm cores

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

They've just said they'll be using them in the "Fall" so sometime before christmas anyway. Want to wait until after xmas to be safe and you'll have to check the manufacturing date on the console before you buy it. Personally I wouldn't bother waiting. The 90nm 360 has an extended 3 year warranty now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Stephen!

yeah i know i dont really wanna wait, just ive heard reports that itll make the conole run faster overall? dunno if its true, and i havent noticed anything wrong with my friends 360s in regards with speed and stuff

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It will run exactly the same as the existing ones, just possibly a touch quieter due to less cooling being needed.

Advertisement