Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The state of the roads in Waterford

• 18-07-2007 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

I was looking through Waterford Today and saw notices for temp road closures between the Folly and the Tramore road - its going to be given a nice new surface along with Ballytruckle from Pearce Pk to Folly roundabout. The Folly hill was resurfaced a few weeks back and is transformed.

About time too the condition of the cities roads and streets as been appalling for as long as I've been driving, longer in fact. For about 10 years you could'nt move for someone - ESB, ESAT, Bord Gas, MANs' and general building work digging trenches and holes and never repairing the damage correctly (which under law they are supposed to I belive).

Hopefully the recent work is part of a larger programme that'll include Lower Yellow road/Military road, Morrisons Road, Barrack street, lower Ballytruckle and the hell of South Parade. I suspect there is NO chance of the ORR being given a smooth quiet surface anytime soon.

Mike.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Where abouts are these roads? And since when were the MANs put down? I know of very little.

Btw, the Green Road is half done. It may have been completed, but its been sometime since I was on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The MAN has been around since late 2003, early 2004. They must have dug up half of Waterford back then!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The MAN has been around since late 2003, early 2004. They must have dug up half of Waterford back then!

All I knew was of a fibre line running to WIT, but also I saw the sign for a MAN down by the Plaza. Interesting!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Alot of the roads in Waterford are pretty ****, as cyclist it affects me more then a motorist, potholes are a bloody pain and I've gotten atleast two flats due to damage on the road.

on a related note what the **** is it with all the glass on the roads in Waterford? Its bloody unreal

Advertisement