Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom bb + vista updates+applestore

Options
  • 18-07-2007 8:38pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭

anyone else with eircom broadband having trouble with these in the cork area ?

just been on to eircom support , they tell me about a dns problem in frankfurt (?) is causing the problem

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Its a logn standing problem with Eircom. I have changed to OpenDNS to escape it - it was driving me nuts to have pages loading in German.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

yeah , that solves the google in german problem i've come across , but no fix on this particular hassle.
    curiously it seems to be affecting the microsoft.com site also.
    wouldnt mind so much except i've 2 servers (one being an exchange) to patch up before end of month. tis a bloody pain so it is.

update : i seem to be able to resolve microsoft.com to 207.46.192.254

however - "she's dead jim"

curiouser and curiouser

now this is wierd , i just used the ping tool on dnsstuff.com to ping www.microsoft.com
    and its timing out there as well!!!

/me baffled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I'm able to access the Microsoft site fine. If you're using OpenDNS as well, there should be no reason you're not seeing it.

• Advertisement

i have set the router to use the dns settings on the page you posted earlier and set my pc to use the router address.
    i would have thought this is sufficient ???

any ideas on why dnsstuff.com is giving me the same results ?

update:

turned out my router went a bit mad.
    changed router , now all is well. 109mb of updates for vista :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

For the record, you can't ping microsoft.com. Security feature to prevent DoS attacks.

Advertisement