Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

abbott

Options
  • 18-07-2007 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

Whats abbott in sligo like to work for, whats the position of diagnostic technologist like? whats the salary like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ibjiba

Though I don't know anything about Abbott yet, you (and everyone else) are very welcome to give your opinions about the company here:

http://www.irishemployers.com/index.php?topic=3.0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I know that the employees are somewhat relieved after the GE deal fell through.

I have three cousins that work there and they all seem happy.
    Money is supposed to be quite good.

Maybe this should be merged with the "Jobs in Sligo" thread as that seems to be getting popular?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭juanveron45

thanks gille

what was the GE deal?

Do you have any idea what shift pattern they do in there?

Any idea of the actual figures of the money?

They wanted to take over/merge and there was a fear of job cuts etc..

I will see can I find out the other stuff for you.
    PM me with your desired position and level of expertice and i'll ask my cousin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭mayosteve99

are they looking for staff??

• Advertisement

are they looking for staff??

http://www.abbott.ie/
    Go to careers and select Ireland.
    Definately some posts in sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

There are actually 4 separate Abbott plants in Sligo. The original one is Ballytivnan and produce medical stuff like drips and the like. Then there's Diagnostic producing specific diagnostic kits in Finisklin. There's also a plant elsewhere in Finisklin that produce medical pumps. The most recent addition is the Pharma plant on the Manorhamilton road which produces drugs. It employs quite a small workforce considering the size of the place. It's all very automated apparently.
    I'm not sure where the position you mentioned is, but as ever with such companies, the name of the job is very vague.
    Personally, I couldn't work there (or indeed any factory). I would flip out and leave. It's monotonous work. That's just me though.

Advertisement