Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Satellite TV

• 18-07-2007 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi all
    Has anyone tried using the portable camping satellite systems you can get? I have seen some on ebay, but not sure if these would pick up anything here in Ireland. Does anyone have any experience of these? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭v10

ye I just got an aldi one .. had it working fairly quick

Picture was crap on a lot of channels but it got me all the channels I wanted .. i.e. BBC's ITV etc and more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Another question on Sat TV........I want to plug laptop into Sat box on van and use it as a TV. I only have firewire or usb connestions to the laptop and I am pretty sure that I only have a SCART output from the back of the sat box.......any advice. Can this be done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Malta1 wrote:
    Another question on Sat TV........I want to plug laptop into Sat box on van and use it as a TV. I only have firewire or usb connestions to the laptop and I am pretty sure that I only have a SCART output from the back of the sat box.......any advice. Can this be done?

Why are you going througt the Sat box? There should be an S-Video output on the laptop and that'll connect to the TV. If not then you could get these and use them to connect to the TV via composite.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?TabID=1&ModuleNo=28733&doy=22m7
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=31700&doy=22m7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

For Sky tv abroad look out for a Sky mini dish and an old sky box, The dish is 40cm diameter and I've used mine successfully in France and my 9yr old does the setup when we arrive on site. I have one of those window suction clamps to clamp it to the side of the motorhome and occasionally just stake it into the ground.
    Reguarding the laptop setup. I used a USB winTv setup and it was okay, It does allow you to record tv etc. The only problem was the hastle of powering up the laptop each time. I found the picture to be a bit dadgy at times so gave in and bought a 15" LCD.

Advertisement