Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amy Winehouse

Options
  • 18-07-2007 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

OK, in a world that is in love with the crazy amy winehouse, i seem to be alone in not enjoying her music! does anyone else agree with me that she's just a 60s soul copycat who makes headlines with her sensationalist behaviour????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Traianus

haven't heard enough of her music to really have an opinion but her attitude to other artists turns me away from wanting to. I know music shouldn't be chosen based on that; I'm sure Mozart was an asshole at times. But there you go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

She's a feckin eejit but I love her music. But then again. I love soul music and I love r n b music. I love modern music. I love old music. She's a mix of all these and if you're not into these genres you mightn't like Amy Winehouse.

How is she a 60s soul copycat? Just because soul music hasn't been around properly since then (thats not true, but you get me!) doesn't mean a new artist can take that genre up.

Listen to her album - it's fantastic. Also love her 'Valerie' cover. Her voice can get a little annoying if you listen to her too much though!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭O.P.H

I hate her with a passion, ok thats a bit strong but I really can't stand this whole Winehouse surge in popularity recently, I don't understand it, I mean she must have an amazing PR team and how in Gods name is she up for a Mercury. First off I get pissed off when people say 'her music', its not her music, almost all 'her music' is sampled and see just does a bulls**t soul vocal over it. I mean her hit at the moment, she took the legend of a song, 'Aint No Mountain High Enough' and replaced the vocal with her own, thats like takin the Mona Lisa and coloring it in yourself, why would you do that. She made that song ten times worse but its still successfull because its a great backing track. Shes got a good voice, but she is by no means talented enough to be swaggering around the way she does, can't stand her

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

110% agreement, she awful. Cant stand her music, totally nostalgia driven commercial crap imo. Contrast her with Kate Bush in the 80s and its clear to me that most music is crap in this decade (the naughts that is).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Must Have Music

woo! people agree! i call her a copycat cos so little of her stuff is original and i dunno, i think it sounds like she's trying too hard to sound like someone else. plus i dont like her as a person which doesnt help!

• Advertisement
Advertisement