Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yellow Pipes on the R127

Options
  • 18-07-2007 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭

I see that bales of yellow pipes have been dispatched intermittently on the R127, especially in the Newhaggard vicinity. Anyone know what they are for? Gas? (Excuse my ignorance! :))

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Gas pipes are usually yellow, yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

More delays in store folks! :( - the pipelaying has begun.

I was hoping that they'd wait until the footpath works were finished on the R128.

Methinks that Killhedge Lane will have to be utilised for the foreseeable future. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭keithrus

Cant remember if its the R128. But basically its the works from rush to lusk and they have the traffic lights as you go up the hill after the eircom building. Is it me or do they not have any noticable traffic light signs cos it will be some time where someone will come flying into the back of another car considering its 80kph on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

keithrus wrote:
    Cant remember if its the R128. But basically its the works from rush to lusk and they have the traffic lights as you go up the hill after the eircom building. Is it me or do they not have any noticable traffic light signs cos it will be some time where someone will come flying into the back of another car considering its 80kph on the road.

Yeah, signage is very poor. Luckily most of the locals know about the works since they have been going on since the end of the Bronze age, (or the last day of nice weather...which ever one was last)....but there is a large risk from anyone who is not familiar with the area. Most cars come down from the Whitestown hill at speed and it's an accident waiting to happen in a very accident prone area!

Advertisement