Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

m&S olives....

• 19-07-2007 1:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭

The greek marinated olives in M&S....

Just tooo tasty....

I feel sorry for all the other olives....

Highly recommended!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I'll have to try them. It's near impossible to get decent olives or a good Tapenade in Ireland. The best I've come across so far is at Howth farmers market on Sunday morning. The tapenade I bought there was very tasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Most M&S stuff is really good, and the prices have dropped since I was last there, many many years ago. Lots of great jars of sauce etc.

Tescos or dunnes have their "premium" own brands, whereas with M&S all their stuff is really good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

While I've always loved M&S, after spending a few months up in Derry and getting used to Sainsburys I noticed that both had nearly exactly the same products, just packaged differently. However Sainburys usually went one step further with many of the products they carried, while M&S had the likes of Lamb and Feta Burgers, Sainburys not only had those but also had the awesomness that were Jalapeno and Monterey Jack beef burgers. NYOM :)

• Subscribers Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

gizmo wrote:
    While I've always loved M&S, after spending a few months up in Derry and getting used to Sainsburys I noticed that both had nearly exactly the same products, just packaged differently. However Sainburys usually went one step further with many of the products they carried, while M&S had the likes of Lamb and Feta Burgers, Sainburys not only had those but also had the awesomness that were Jalapeno and Monterey Jack beef burgers. NYOM :)

actually that's one that M&S have too! my only issue with M&S is that the fresh veg/bread/juice/meat etc is always on very short use by dates. I realise this is because they are selling good stuff but it is a bit annoying. I also get pissed off when they run out of things, often they won't have certain types of bread/veg/ready meal from one visit to the next.

Advertisement