Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation

Options
  • 19-07-2007 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

Anyone looking to move within the vicinity of UCD or on-campus for the coming semester? If all goes well with the CAO, i'm hoping to move up this direction.. Problem being I'm living and Wicklow Town and have been told that as a result i'm probably not eligible for on-campus accomodation (opinions?)

Looking elsewhere at the moment, but hasn't been too fruitfull.. anyone else looking for accomodation at the moment? (Personally i'm looking for a single room, 7 days self-catering (no digs) for around €110p/w.. probably a bit optimistic.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭redcar

Fellow Wicklow Town person hello.

Try www.daft.ie tis a good site for looking for places. Can serach what price range and all that carry on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

I've used that site for a few days now but they only seem to give "Normal" apartments and not specifically designed student apartments. I have looked all over the place on the site and found no studenty accommodation. Maybe I've looked in the wrong place, things are above 1800 a month for most.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

This is a link to the daft college search. If you're looking for a room, try the shared option. If you're looking in lettings, it's usually for entire apartments or houses. They're obviously going to cost a lot more than a room in a house/apartment. Unless you're moving in with friends, you need to look for a place to share rather than a residence to lease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

bump...

i got Glenomena,woohoo!!
    Any other boardsies living on campus this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Gumble

Sparkle...well done..when did u put ur application in? Still havn't heard from them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

It was back in june i think, almost the first day ya could apply.

originally they told me i'd be in blackrock, so got that organised, then i got an email to say it was actually Glenomena, sorry about that! wth?!

maybe if you're a postgrad it might take longer to find out?idk.
    give the accomodation office an aul email/ring sure? they'd be able to tell ya for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Gumble

Cool will do thanks for the reply! Fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

So are they accepting people for accommodation right now, as in even for First Years?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Lucas10101 wrote:
    So are they accepting people for accommodation right now, as in even for First Years?
    No they don't send out the acceptance for 1st years until after they get their results

Advertisement