Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D-Day: 28 Days

Options
  • 19-07-2007 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭

So in my mildly drunken state I have managed to ascertain that there are creid é no na creid 28 days left until we find out our fate. So amidst our wonderful weather had you forgotten about the results? :p

What does everyone think they got? What are your feelings that there are only 28 days until your destiny is decided :rolleyes: ? What do you think awaits you?

Well for me....hunger, torture, misery, pulling, dragging, scraping, more misfortune, hunger, misery.... ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I believe despite study from October to April that I ****ed up and got around 250-300... ahhh.

I reckon I'll get a course I want though, and I'm not scared or anything, I barely think about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

i'll say nothin, although i fear for my life...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'm about 99.9% confident of getting one of the courses I know I'll enjoy so I'm not really too bothered about the results, moreso the college offers. Now if I was looking for 600 points then I'd be sweating with anxiety every day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

What the leaving Cert results. Not worried tbh, only need 400 points. Should be simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Bit scared, think I'll get within reach of my points though, appealing could work. Worst case scenario is <485

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

I only need 300 for my course so I;m not worried about getting it, so no pressure, however personal pride sees me wanting to get 500 or better. But I won't be particularly annoyed if I don't as once I have my course I'm grand:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I just want my first choice.
    Bring it on:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

I'm pretty sure I didn't get my first choice. Something in between 360 and 420 methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

How long til this board perks up again in the run-in to results and CAO offers or will it at all!?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Give it a day or two before the results and it'll be back to normal.

I do think I got my first choice. I just wish I could get the results now, sick of waiting. Other times I just totally forget I ever did the exams, and thats not on purpose. Once I get my first choice, all is well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Depends on the day really. Sometimes I feel i have done as well as I hoped and other times believe I will be doing it all again next year. Screw it anyway.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭*belle*

while i don't think about it all the time.
    i do find myself wondering what i got overall.it will determine where i spend the next four or five years so can't help but be curious............

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

I'm thinking I didn't get my first choice, but hoping :)

And REALLY hoping I got one of the choices I actually liked.. it's pretty much the last thing on my mind though.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Well i'm nearly 100% sure I got my first choice....so around 400 points (probably 420 or so).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Reading this thread was honestly the first time I've considered it since finishing my leaving cert. ...apart from a dream about it a few nights ago!

It's not that I make any special effort not to think about it..I just...havent?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

I just want to have my results now, im sick of this waiting shíte!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Had minor results panic last Sunday. Alcohol soon fixed that. They're actually not on my mind at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Every now and then, i'll think and panic but then i realise "Um, you didn't feel like this in june" and i sit down and relax. Anyway, I've definitely got my no 2 no matter what, my number 1 iis just wishing that points go down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I really have not thought about the results until just now when I thought to myself 'should I make a return to the LC thread''.

These are the results I need to get 350 for Arts in UCD:

Geography- B2-Dissapointed if I don't get an A.

History-C3-I'm hoping I did well in the document, Nazi essay and project.

Business-C3-Should get more

English(O)- A1- I really do not know how they mark pass English, but honestly I think my English is slightly too good for ordinary but hey that is just me.

Irish(O)-A2- I got lucky, everything I wanted came up. Perhaps an A1 if I'm lucky

French- B3- Should have done better, as it was meant to be a certain A for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

"You Last visited: 19-06-07"

Damn has it been that long?? Hope you're all enjoying this nasty summer we're having, its weird having very little to stress about it!!

Im havent thought much about the results to be hones....25 days to go at this stage...but there's no point worrying is there? Nothing we can do about it now...

Having said that, hoping for about 520, but will be lucky if I fet in around 450-480!! :rolleyes: oh well!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭DtotheK

I kinda forgot but what difference does it make at this stage, worrying now is too late!

But on the morning of the 15th, i'll be sh!tting my pants.
    i think i'll have a book over the pc moniter and reveal my subjects one by one so i'll be prepared for the total when i get down to the bottom

• Registered Users Posts: 11,086 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

DtotheK wrote:
    I kinda forgot but what difference does it make at this stage, worrying now is too late!

But on the morning of the 15th, i'll be sh!tting my pants.
    i think i'll have a book over the pc moniter and reveal my subjects one by one so i'll be prepared for the total when i get down to the bottom

Would you not head up to the school? That's what i did (3 years ago) It was great getting results with everybody else there too... Good fun...(also 2nd last time i've seen some people in my year, the last being the Debs)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

dulpit wrote:
    Would you not head up to the school? That's what i did (3 years ago) It was great getting results with everybody else there too... Good fun...(also 2nd last time i've seen some people in my year, the last being the Debs)
    It could be good fun, or it could be painful seeing mates having their hopes dashed with sh1t results. Like, I'd presume there's nothing worse than being completely pestered about what you got when you did sh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

I'd say the worst case scenario would be if you did shít and all your friends won't stop gloating about how well they got on. At least if you all failed you'd be in it together.
    But I'm looking forward to D-Day. I'm sick of estimating and predicting points - I want to know how I actually got on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

not bother bout results, jus want cao offers to be out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

This thread is now making me nervous for the first time since I finished.

What day are the CAO points announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

20th isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

i haven't checked but it's usually the Wednesday after results (they really seem to love Wednesdays, I don't know why...) which would be the 22nd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭*belle*

the results are out on wednesday the 15!
    the round 1 offers are out the following monday the 20th! i think so anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Yup Wednesday 15th August. I think I'm pretty nonplussed about the whole thing, its outta my hands right now so whatever happens....

Advertisement