Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D-Day: 28 Days

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

I shall be getting quite intoxicated on that day no matter what way my results go WOOOOP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Thanks cocoa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

The guy wrote:
    Thanks cocoa.
    for what? the date? It's actually wrong i checked and the mondays have it... Or were you being sarcastic? ... *shrug*

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

3 weeks today.... *waits for the final countdown to start playing in the background*

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

dulpit wrote:
    That's what i did (3 years ago) It was great getting results with everybody else there too... Good fun...(also 2nd last time i've seen some people in my year, the last being the Debs)
    I'm planning on doing that too......but not to get the results with everyone else.I just want to thank the 2 or 3 good teachers I had for their help (the amount of extra work out german teacher did with us, both at lunchtimes and after school, was just insane) and tell my **** teachers that they're completely ****ing useless, and I got this result ENTIRELY by myself (that ***** Cooke.She was, without a doubt, the worst business teacher EVER).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭DtotheK

I'm def getting them off the net cause if i do great, i'll have time to soak it in and wont be goin on about it to friends (possibly making them feel bad) or if i do bad, i wont be hearing of my friends results, making me feel like crap! i'll go into school later, but would rather be prepared

what's with everyone assuming their teachers will be there? Some teachers like to go to see their students but most aren't bothered and quite a few could be on holidays...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

cocoa wrote:
    what's with everyone assuming their teachers will be there? Some teachers like to go to see their students but most aren't bothered and quite a few could be on holidays...
    Yeah, wondering that meself. I'd like to meet a few ones maybe, like the History teacher, and give them a piece of my mind which has been building up the last two years. Then I'd like to thank the good/hard working teachers. Then I'll stop sounding as though it's an award speech and head off on the beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

In my school only my principal and vice principal are gauranteed. I think it's only nosy teachers that'll come, just to see who failed their subjects!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

cocoa wrote:

not at my school.... at least 85% will attend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

cocoa wrote:
    for what? the date? It's actually wrong i checked and the mondays have it... Or were you being sarcastic? ... *shrug*
    Nope, I was genuine.

cocoa wrote:
    Well most of the teachers usually come in....and like I said with the amount of extra time some of the teachers put in, i'd be amazed if they didn't show up (unless they're away or something).

You'll get that though, some teachers care about the students and will want to see how they've done, no malice at all. Wheras others just genuinely won't give a toss, to them its just a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

last year no teachers were at ours. probably because the results were a bit all over the place!

"will attend" "usually come in" How many of you have actually been there on results day before? I happened to be working in my school last year and there was barely any teachers, I honestly can't imagine why it would be so different in other schools...

cocoa wrote:
    How many of you have actually been there on results day before?
    *Raises hand*

I was there 2 years ago (after my JC) and pretty much every teacher was there so......

*Raises hand*

I was there 2 years ago (after my JC) and pretty much every teacher was there so......
    why were you there? ... :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

19 Days left now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

cocoa wrote:
    "will attend" "usually come in" How many of you have actually been there on results day before? I happened to be working in my school last year and there was barely any teachers, I honestly can't imagine why it would be so different in other schools...

so cynical...

cocoa, they nearly all come in, in my school, and i'm sure in plenty of others too... just believe us, we really have no reason to lie lol.

You can't imagine why? Love..... And interest, curiosity, etc, all that stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

I doubt many of my teachers will bother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

*Raises hand*

Considering you get the JC results in September in the middle of term time, I would hope the teachers would be at the school, considering its a Wednesday too. I didnt think many teachers would show up, prob wont at our school. They'll call up the principal that day and found out, I dont expect them there.

md99 wrote:
    so cynical...

cocoa, they nearly all come in, in my school, and i'm sure in plenty of others too... just believe us, we really have no reason to lie lol.

You can't imagine why? Love..... And interest, curiosity, etc, all that stuff...
    It's not cynicism when I know for a fact that not many in my school show up and my school is not so different from others. To clarify, I can imagine why teachers would come, I can't imagine why the number of teachers coming in would be that different between schools.

I'm just basing my prediction on what I saw last year, no cynicism here, but "just believe us" without mentioning how you should know sounds like optimism to me...

*shrug*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

What's wrong with ye all? Worrying about the results and posting crap like 18 days left till results, what will we do, where will we go, the important?

That should be ingored until 15th August as there is absolutely not one thing you can do/think/act on to change anything after this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

Lucas10101 wrote:
    What's wrong with ye all? Worrying about the results and posting crap like 18 days left till results, what will we do, where will we go, the important?

That should be ingored until 15th August as there is absolutely not one thing you can do/think/act on to change anything after this time.
    ya we get that

cocoa wrote:
    why were you there? ... :S
    A close family friend was getting his results and I had to go.Was a complete waste of like 40 minutes of my life.
    Mushy wrote:
    Considering you get the JC results in September in the middle of term time, I would hope the teachers would be at the school, considering its a Wednesday too. I didnt think many teachers would show up, prob wont at our school. They'll call up the principal that day and found out, I dont expect them there.
    Ummm.I actually meant I was at the LC results day.Sorry if that wasn't clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

Lucas10101 wrote:

So.... we're just not allowed to talk about it? Yes, Mom.
    So what if we can't change it? Doesn't mean we can't analyse it to death first.

Most teachers will show up in my school. There's only 40 of us, and we've had the same teachers since first year. They'll want to find out, congratulate or comiserate with us. I'm betting at least three quarters of them will come, provided they're not on hols or stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭jaycummins

man, i need sleep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

9 days to go now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I just can't wait, oh the excitement :eek:

• Advertisement

Anyone bringing a few cans down to the school with them?

Advertisement