Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D-Day: 28 Days

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

cson wrote:
    Anyone bringing a few cans down to the school with them?
    Had thought about doing that but I'm pretty sure our vice-principal would take them. And even though we're not his students any more and he has no authority over us, he'd still manage to do it.
    Maybe I should just cut out the middle man and inject pure ethanol into my veins...

I just can't wait, oh the excitement :eek:
    I know the feeling.
    Mainly I don't want them to come at all but I'm spending so much time obsessing over them that it'd probably be healthier for me to have them regardless of how I've done.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Thankfully I'm going away until Saturday tomorrow, to a place where even a telephone is hard to come by(apart from mobiles!). Should just keep the mind wandering away from results. Dont know how to feel about the results, on one hand I'm quite sure I shall get my first choice, but on the other hand I'm still kinda nervous bout them. Work is annoying cos everyone is asking me everyday about them, doesnt help the situation. Ah it'll all be fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

had my first "oh my god iv failed everything" cry last night. thoughts of gettin results is sickening!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭bright

Yeah results are next week. Its starting to become a reality that the day that i have been waiting for with an oscillating dread and restlessness is now approaching with unnerving haste.

It is definitely an unusual feeling. A part of me would be happy for the results to never come, but for the other part of me they can't get here quick enough. What i'm left with can only be described as frustratingly consuming apathy.

Heres hoping for 470+

EDIT-
    yeah i do hope there are a few teacher around. there would be something quite sad about picking up the results without the people who helped you get them there to share the moment with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 jackjack555

yeah i am so nervous but to use a tired cliche i did my best!! now i just need to find out if thats good enough

see im kinda annoyed that i know i didnt try my best really... like i studied and all but i deep down i could have done so much more!!! damn t.y. and it's brain rot!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Your Man

cson wrote:

In a word, yes

I didnt realise it was a week and 2 days to go until i came onto to the lc forum to see if there were still people posting, now the anxiousness has set in,
    2 years of working hard at english only to **** it up on the day...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Cans at 9 in the morning? So hardcore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Cans at 9 in the morning? So hardcore.
    Only if it's Coke! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

cson wrote:
    That would be one sure fire way to be remembered for all the wrong reasons by your teachers!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

We went down to the Shannon after Irish paper 2 with a sack of heinkens finest and had a great time, turned out that that day was the last day of sunshine that was to be had this summer.

So cans at 9am ain't that hardcore. I mean have a look at the liffey boardwalk, people do it everyday :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I don't really see the point of drinking at 9am, but that's just me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I dunno. Maybe I'll be unable to sleep Tuesday night and be still drunk by 9am, but I don't really like when that happens. I'll just get my results, come home, probably take a nap or something then organise party etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Nah, although I don't mind heading into work with a hangover, coming in pissed altogether mightn't be the best idea. I'll just have to make up for it in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Town is going to be absolutely crazy on results night!!

I doubt ill drink then night before results, seems to be a bit stupid to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Town is going to be absolutely crazy on results night!!

I doubt ill drink then night before results, seems to be a bit stupid to me.

drinkin is always stupid thats why its so much fun :P

Well all i know is that i dont want to be hungover receiving my results, because knowing me ill end up getting sick on my principal when she gives them to me.

Well theyd never forget you after that XD

haha indeed :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Actually now that I think about, i'll actually revise my original plan.New plan is I just don't sleep the night before, head down to the school at round 8 with a bunch of friends, spending na hour doing **** all, get results, get breakfast, sleep from round 11 to 7, then head out till 2 or 3.....Yeah much better than my original plan.

I'd actually recommend going for a few drinks the night before hand - the getting up is the hard part!

Of course, as long as you're legal to do so <_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

cson wrote:

I might bring down a bottle of champagne..... much more appropriate IMO.

Myth wrote:
    I'd actually recommend going for a few drinks the night before hand - the getting up is the hard part!

Of course, as long as you're legal to do so <_<

Well not that it really matters, but my 18th bday is on the Fcuking 17th of AUG....... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

I'm considering not opening mine until the offers, and then not at all if I get my first choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Extreme-LoopZ

This time next week......argh. why didn't I try harder.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I am just going to rip them open as soon as possible to finally formalise the end of second level Education for me.
    The LC ain't going to stop me getting to College if it doesent work out:D

Anyone thinking about going in around the 17th/18th instead. Might be nice to wait until all the hype has gone away. That's probably the most nerve-wracking part...

obl wrote:
    I'm considering not opening mine until the offers

me too, but il open em in amazement if i get my first choice.... if i get somethin i really dont want i'l burn my results before looking at em.. stupid leaving cert!!

obl wrote:
    I'm considering not opening mine until the offers, and then not at all if I get my first choice.

Good idea in principle but in practise it is nearly impossible. The constant questioning or rather interrogation from freinds, family etc will make you open them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I can't wait for the questions,

" Howd ya do in the leaving?"

" I passed it anyway"

or the

" i got all honours!"

Right back in there face!

Unless of course i get like 500pts!

Advertisement