Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Former ECW Tag Team Champion John Kronus Found Dead Today

• 19-07-2007 2:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭

Former ECW Tag Team Champion John Kronus Found Dead Today

sources: Wrestling Observer, PWInsider.com
    Former ECW wrestler George "John Kronus" Caiazo was found dead today at his girlfriend's apartment in New Hampshire. No other details are available at the moment. Kronus underwent a knee operation (possibly a knee replacement, which a few people said a few months that he was going to have) last week.

Kronus is perhaps best known as half of the tag team "The Eliminators" with Perry Saturn in ECW, where he feuded with The Pitbulls, The Public Enemy, The Gangstas, and Rob Van Dam & Sabu. During much of 1996 and 1997, The Eliminators were pushed as "The Best Tag Team in the World." He was a 3-time ECW Tag Team Champion with Perry Saturn. He also held the title one other time with New Jack. The Eliminators broke up in August 1997 when Perry Saturn tore his ACL in a match. Instead of having surgery, Saturn jumped to WCW to become a singles star, thus leaving Kronus behind. The two never teamed again. After Kronus broke up with New Jack, he was pushed down the card and primarily used in a lower card enhancement position. He left the company sometime in 1999.

After a brief run in XPW, Kronus retired from wrestling in 2002. He worked the final "Hardcore Homecoming" event, "November Reign" in November 2005, losing to Balls Mahoney in what may have been the final match of his career.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

The Eliminators were some team. Total Elimination was one of those moves that I just loved. For anyone who never saw Kronus in action, he was about the size of Rhino and his finisher was a 450 splash. He could do cartwheels and everything, it was mad watchin him

RIP John Kronus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I know most wrestlers can say this nowadays, but Perry Saturn said goodbye to lot of guys he worked very closely with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

My favourite eliminators match was Vs RVD & Sabu at November To Remember 1997 (I think). 30 minute time limit draw, foolowed by 5 more minutes. The match itself was absolute insanity. Started quite technical, then went spotty, then turned out to be an all out brawl. Crowd ate it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Ya that was a great match, I'll have to dig out that tap this evening. I never realised his career took such a dive after Saturn left for wcw, he looked like a guy who was going places around that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Although I wasnt a viewer of the orginal ECW I have since heard alot of the crazy stuff that this guy used to do-including the 450 splash which,for a guy the size of rhino is unheard of
    When I first heard about him I wondered why I hadnt heard about him since just before the fall of ECW or in another wrestling promotion.Seems like when Saturn left for WCW his career took a nosedive..

Rip John Kronus...thanks for the memories:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

From the family of John Kronus:
    This was written to help clear any unanswered or missled info that related to Kronus's life and passing so that any questions about Jon (our son, fiancee', brother, and uncle,) would be posted and answered correctly.

Jon was a father to his nine year old son named Gage. He was 38 years old. He was 6'3" and weighed 300lbs.

He passed away on July 18th, 2007. He was born in Everett, Massachusetts January 13, 1969. His last name is spelled Caiazzo pronunced (kih-ahtz-so). His son Gage, was his life. He talked to him everyday and saw his son as much as he could. He wished it was more. He was engaged to be married this year to his long time fiancee, Brandy, a true soul mate. He passed away peacefully in his sleep.

He had an enlarged heart, known to be capable of stopping at anytime. Our family has a long history of heart problems. His untimely death came as an extreme shock to our family. We will miss the way he made us laugh, the funny things he said, the stupid things he did (lol), his famous bismarque dance, his BBQ cooking (his signture steak tips he grilled anytime of the day but his favorite time to cook was 2 a.m.), and his bubbly personality that entertained us at family gatherings. He loved being a wrestler. His athletic ability was far beyond that of a regular athlete. Up until this year he could still do a full split to the floor (ouch).

When his son was born, he was motivated to continue wrestling, to provide Gage with everything he wanted. He waswell known in Massachusetts and New Hampshire for his outgoing personality as well as within the wrestling circle. His wrestling family has been a great comfort in being there for us. We realize how important Jon was to them.

He will be greatly missed by his family, friends, and fans. But we're happy to know that when God took him, his father was there and greeted him above.

If you have any questions you can email us at moose8500@aol.com.

He will be waked at Rocco Funeral Home in Everett, Massachusetts on Wednesday July 25th from 4pm to 8pm. The funeral will be Thursday July 26th at 9am. In Lieu of flowers, the family request donations to assist in the burial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

From www.wrestlingobserver.com :
    Hi Dave,

This is Gage Caiazzo I wanted to write something about my Dad and how I feel.

Dear Dad,
    I wish I could of seen you more before you passed away.You were the best Dad I ever had, when you wrestled it was so cool, and I was so proud of you.When you wrestled you were bleeding so much I would be scared cause I was small, and didn't know if you would be ok. When you passed away it was so horrible to me I was crying a lot, but I know you are here with me, and you always will be It was cool when you taught me how to do those back flips, and I took it to a new level now I can do it by myself.This is what I'm thankful for, and I wanna Thank You. I'll always Love you, and You'll always be in my heart. I want you to know that I will be ok I have a Mother and Step-Father who Love me very much, and they will take care of me. So you don't have to worry.When I was younger I didn't know that when someone passes away there right beside you, but now that I'm older I know that you will always be right beside me. I love you very much.

Your Son,

Gage Caiazzo

Advertisement