Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to clean windows after new build

Options
  • 19-07-2007 8:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

We are facing the huge task of cleaning our windows (frames and glass) on our new build, inside and outside - nearly 30 of them. Frames might not be too bad as there is plastic on them that can be just pulled off. Glass has all dried in plaster and the dreaded stickers.
    An advice on how to best tackle this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Hi,
    Not sure but i think i remember something about using vinegar to help getting the plastic off the glass? Does anyone else have any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,163 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Get a glass scraper blade in your local hardware store. They take refill blades and will remove all but the most stubborn marks and splashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bro'

If you do not want to do it yourself try contacting local cleaning companies who do a ''builders clean''. I got refered to a guy who does window cleaning but is very busy with doing windows for new builds with contractors etc. He removes all coverings and cleans windows inside and out. For my house @ similar 30 odd windows the cost was I think around 240 euros which i thought was not bad especially in cleaning the 2 storey windows !

Advertisement