Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

most fun car under 1.0L

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

rowanh wrote:
    Worse than almost every modern car available in Ireland. Just based on my opinion and some friends opinions some of who have owned one.

Ah... I see. The good old "friends" that have all owned one. I have driven one. I felt a little bit "small" in it, particularly when jeeps or trucks were behind me, but I never felt in danger or unsafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Suzuki is rarer, I'd say. Two mates of mine have Beats, there are a few about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 watchinpaintdry

I'd have to say the Daihatsu Hijet 660cc turbo :D

ep101_hijet_done.jpg

daihatsuhijetdv1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

lightening wrote:
    Ah... I see. The good old "friends" that have all owned one. I have driven one. I felt a little bit "small" in it, particularly when jeeps or trucks were behind me, but I never felt in danger or unsafe.

Sorry i didnt relise you had driven one, you obviously know better..

What do you think the chances of living would be if you crash into a stationary object at 100kms? Or what do you think the chances of living are in a head on crash with a jeep if you are both going 30 - 50 kms? Or if a normal sized car hit the side of you going 60 kms?

rowanh wrote:

No problem, apology accepted;)

• Advertisement

rowanh wrote:

No problem, apology accepted ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

NIssan March Superturbo, no contest.
    redwoodMicBLA101.jpg

1.0 Supercharger and Turbo, just like Lancia Delta S4 or Golf TSI.

THis one's on Carzone for 4750

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Cappo

For a car designed in the late 80s - the Cappuccino is about a safe as most - has side impact bars and with the roll bar up it should survive a roll - but haveing said that i would not like to test it!

In traffic i tend to drive it like a motorcycle - extra extra alert!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

colm_mcm wrote:
    1.0 Supercharger and Turbo, just like Lancia Delta S4 or Golf TSI. THis one's on Carzone for 4750

There were only a handful of those made! They're an incredibly quick machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Has to be the Cappuccino :)

I'm surprised you can actually get one for less than €5k here. If you buy one now, it surely must keep its value.

Thanks for the info, Cappo. Let me guess, you like them? :D
    Cappo wrote:
    The tachometer shows 12,000rpm (!), red-lining at 8,500

We were discussing that recently and several people claimed it redlined at 12k or 13k, which didn't make sense to me given the max power at about half that. The meter actually displaying those revs must have confused those people!

A bit like the speedo of a 70s Ascona 1.2 showing 120MPH when it would struggle to do much more than about 80 :)

• Advertisement

ned78 wrote:
    There were only a handful of those made! They're an incredibly quick machine.

I know, I saw one smoke a Celica GT4 a few years ago. incredible power to weight ratio. definately one for the collection!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

first car that came to my mind was the suzuki, i saw a girl in cork with one recently.

i'd say 97% of the population have no idea what kind of a car that is....but it sure beats a fiat chiquiqnutea.a........:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

that seems like a decent price as they are so rare, but i've heard they are hard to work on and get parts for - anyone know any info on the superturbo?

0-60 in 7.7sec and 770kg!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Cappo

Most parts are OK to get as the car was officially imported to the UK – but some would have to be imported from Japan. Tuning is very expensive and not to be undertaken lightly – have a look at Dany’s CappuccinoSport website and drool!

The rev counter reading might be a tad optimistic! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 wogger

best under 1 ltre car, 660cc turbo , Fun, buy my one

http://www.driver.ie/classified/showproduct.php/product/2187/cat/44

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

stipulations: must be under 1L [can be turbo]
    Surely doesn't that rule out the Cinquecento Sporting as it's 1.1?? (1108cc)
    1. fiat cinquicento sporting

wogger wrote:
    best under 1 ltre car, 660cc turbo , Fun, buy my one

http://www.driver.ie/classified/showproduct.php/product/2187/cat/44

i'm going to look at that one today!

Daihatsu Cuore TR-XX? same idea as the Alto.

i've heard the trxx has softer suspension and is not as good around corners.
    drove the alto works today. wow. crazy punch from the small engine. i used to own a smart, but this was in another league! the works is a bit out of my budget, so i'm not looking into importing one.

i'm going to try test drive a cappuccino aswell if i can...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

That K10 ST still on carzone? I cant find it...

i went out to look at the superturbo, and it was there, but sold. looked in great nick.

i had a drive in a suzuki cappuccino and a chat to the owner today. i've decided that i'm now going to get one of these, but i'll bide my time and wait until a decent one comes up. better start thinking about selling the CRX now!

Cool, what did you think? Keep us updated...

was very nippy, light and comfortable. all mod cons aswell.
    from what i hear getting a rust free example will be tough

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

So you're leaving the club, Dave?

i guess so. do you feel lost and abandoned? ;)
    don't worry, i'll keep in touch and keep my eye on cr-x.org

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

i had a drive in a suzuki cappuccino and a chat to the owner today. i've decided that i'm now going to get one of these, but i'll bide my time and wait until a decent one comes up. better start thinking about selling the CRX now!

If it's a black Si Vtec.. let me know!

If it's a black Si Vtec.. let me know!

there is no such thing as a Si Vtec - the Si is the 16v one, the SiR is the vtec.
    Mine is the only gunmetal SiR in the country. details here:
    http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=28764&cat=500

• Advertisement
Advertisement