Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chapters Book and music store

Options
  • 19-07-2007 9:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭

Did it move recently? I can vaugly remember something that is telling me that it moved
    am going to sell off the "library" which now fills in the boot of my car, big boot too. I would rather not waste petrol on carrying them around looking for a store to buy them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

I don't know Dublin too well, but I know that a new one opened a few blocks away on... Parnell St.(?) (the street perpendicular near the top of O'Connell St). Its bigger and shiny, so I don't know if they have a lot of secondhand books like the one on Abbey(?) St.

Last time I checked, the one on Abbey St. was still open too.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Yup, the branch has moved to Parnell St, and it is absolutely MASSIVE :eek: Seriously, you could spend days havin a good browse.. all their second-hand books are on the 2nd floor, along with CDs/DVDs. I know the one on Abbey St is closing, I just dont know if it has already?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I think the one on Abbey St. has closed.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Abbey Street branch has been closed for months but the new Parnell Street is open for a while - bigger than the previous one by several multiples. Go there regularly enough - excellent selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I miss the convenience of the Abbey St location, but I recently passed by the new shop on Parnell St and it's freaking huge! I can't wait til I can find the time to go in and browse properly; if the window displays are anything to go by, it'll be a treasure-trove of temptation :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Dave3x

It's bloody great.

Me: "Do you have this copy of an extremely famous literary novel which I need for my course?"
    Easons: "Computer says no..."

Me: "Do you have this copy of an extrememly famous literary novel which I need for my course?"
    Chapters: "Ah, yes, THAT book. Well, not right now- that's epic poetry, which isn't that popular. My own copy is the Penguin classic black, but you'd probably get a much cheaper Everyman edition. Hang on...yeah, I can get a courier to drop that over later in the afternoon. It'll cost you four euro...is that ok?"

This actually happened. I LOVE chapters.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Interesting aside there Dave3x. I was just in there today and when at the register (incidentally not to buy HP), the two people at the till were discussing books and lending them to each other - never really hear that in Easons. The staff there seem to actually care about reading and books.

Advertisement