Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. John O'Donnabhain UL SU President

Options
  • 19-07-2007 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

ULGraduationsLimk7.jpg

So whats the story here ?

Can anyone become a Saint ?

Is there an office somewhere ?

Do you have to apply to your local Parish Priest ?

Is there tax exemptions/relief ?

Can you heal/lay your hands on chicks ?

How many hours a week of prayer etc. [for show or otherwise] is req. ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

I'm not sure if this is a painfully unfunny joke so I'll give a serious answer, the name St. John is pronounced "sin-gin", it's pretty common but often people don't realise how it's spelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I'm not sure if this is a painfully unfunny joke so I'll give a serious answer, the name St. John is pronounced "sin-gin", it's pretty common but often people don't realise how it's spelled.

None of the lads in the office knew that St. John was a name of some description pronounced "sin-gin", cue some [surely harmless] fool-acting. I will happily plead ignorance & I do sincerely thank you for taking the time to enlighten us on this point.

- As for the first part of your post, now you know how that makes you come across don't you ;) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

So whats the story here ?

See post number 2
    Can anyone become a Saint ?

If someone from spain is called Jesus, which is a common name in Spain, does that make them the son of God?
    Is there an office somewhere ?

You could try the vatigan, however being a saint requires that you are dead for a start, plus you life needs to have amounted to something in the eyes of the church. and that is before your requirement to perform miracles from beyond the grave.
    Do you have to apply to your local Parish Priest ?

see my comments above.
    Is there tax exemptions/relief ?

Non-applicable as he is a Student again following his term as SU president (i am open to correction on this) therefore unless he has part time work he doesn't pay tax anyway. except VAT on anything he buys of course.
    Can you heal/lay your hands on chicks ?

You can if you want to, but chicks like their avian parents are suseptable to avian flu, which can be fatal.
    How many hours a week of prayer etc. [for show or otherwise] is req. ?

It varies, Saint Christopher paid good money for his sainthood.

all that said, this thread is ****.

closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement