Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Vince is Dead angle - should it be a begining?

• 19-07-2007 10:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, first off i know Vince is not really dead and i know the angle has now be dropped.

However, i am wondering if people think it should mark a possible return to the older style of the WWE.

The fueds in the WWE at the moment, imo, are based purely on who is going for what title - there is little or no real meaning (when i say real, i mean showcased animosity for a reason) behind the 'battles'.

When I first really started watching the WWE it had lines like the WCW/ECW invasion, the ministry of darkness/corporate ministry storylines - which provided a back drop to the fighting, and made you root for the good guy against the bad guys (or the other way round) for idiological reasons, as opposed the 'bad guy' slagged the fans off/is big and doesn't speak english.

Now i don't think the Vince is Dead angle was right in terms of pushing a superstar or angle - but i would like to see some of the soap opera vibe to it all back - like we kinda saw in the Attitude era.

Also, I'm not saying this should happen at the expense of actual wrestling, but to augment it.

So, who completely disagrees with me?

Or do other people wish there were storylines that gave background and reason to the fighting, while being entertaining themselves.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I don't really want to see the return to the Attitude era style. For me, I enjoyed it because it was new and they were continuously breaking new ground. In 2007, everything has been pretty much done.

Then again if storylines were done in a believable way, I'd be all for it. For me my favorite feud of the last 5 years was Foley and Orton. It told a really good story.

Leaving the Benoit issue aside and to just look at things creatively, I think the WWE have had a really bad run of luck. Its hard to consistently create compelling story lines on the fly which is what they have been doing for the last 6 months with all thats being going on. I hope their creative team get paid well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

There's so many titles in WWE that they have to focus most of the angles on a title I think. The title feuds do seem to be purely about the actual titles though. A bit of a shake up with some titles would probably be a bit more entertaining

Something I took away from Mick Foley's last book was that he really likes to have a story to a feud, he likes to make the fans think things through for themselves and come to their own conclusions. His feuds against Orton, Flair and ECW were more intellectually stimulating than what you normally get in WWE. But it seemed like the creative team were constantly against him, as if they wanted to dumb down his feuds

Advertisement