Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off to london, what to see?

Options
  • 19-07-2007 11:13am
    Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm off to london for 4 nights at the end of september,
    Whats worth seeing? i've heard very good things about "wicked" and Phanthom of the opera, would you recomend them? Or what would you suggest i see?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Wicked is amazing, highly rate it! I've seen 4 different productions, a bit of an addict. You'll need to pre-book tickets for that.

Phantom is spectacular, you may be able to get half price tickets in TKTS as it's been running so long.

If you have a politically incorrect sense of humour I also recommend Avenue Q, hilarious.

I think there's something like 19 musicals on in London at the moment, the main one I'd say to avoid is Drowsy Chaperone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Phantom of the Opera is amazing, but you need to get good seats.
    The cheap tickets or the ones you buy from the ticket agents on the street are often just balcony seats or restricted view and they are not great at all.
    If you want good seats book them online today from a reputable seller.
    I used keith prowse ticketing the last time and they were grand.
    One piece of advice shop for prices around and learn what seats are good value or not.

I would recomend reading this site http://www.theatremonkey.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

We got front row balcony seats for Phantom at TKTS, the only official discount booth.

For many shows try www.broadwaybox.com and select the London discounts to see pre-bookable discount offers. To see the best seats check out the seating charts on theatremonkey as above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Avenue Q is hilarious, they take the piss out of a former US child star

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Stomp is coming to the end of its five year residency in the West End on 23rd September. I'm gonna try and get over for the last show. It should be fantastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Alanthroneus

if rent is on there im not sure if its on the west end or not. but if not go see wicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

Wicked for sure, its brilliant!

Advertisement