Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike racks

Options
  • 19-07-2007 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

We're planning on doing some work in the estate I live in and I'm pushing for bike racks to be installed in the underground car parks. Can anyone suggest any website where I could get an idea of prices? I found a few on the net but none in Ireland.

Cheers,
    Mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Don't know about websites but I've seen bike racks/posts listed in office supplies catalogues. Might be worth checking out some of them.
    markpb wrote:
    Hi guys,

We're planning on doing some work in the estate I live in and I'm pushing for bike racks to be installed in the underground car parks. Can anyone suggest any website where I could get an idea of prices? I found a few on the net but none in Ireland.

Cheers,
    Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭aburke

Try here...
    http://www.larkin-eng.com/cycle-stands-racks

I'd recommend the ntypes or u types

Disclaimer, I built the website...
    markpb wrote:
    Hi guys,

Cheers,
    Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

Cheers for the replies guys.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

don't bother with the ones that hold wheels only

cyclists want to lock frames and don't like their wheels bent

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

don't bother with the ones that hold wheels only

cyclists want to lock frames and don't like their wheels bent

I'd have to agree
    basically (http://www.larkin-eng.com/triangle-cycle-stand) is a awful bad idea imho, they only have them where I work so I lock my bike to a lamppost instead as I've gotten two bent wheels on my old MTB from them so I don't do it anymore.

Security guard came out shouting at me one day saying I must use the bike racks, I explained to him why I lock it where I do and he looked at me like I had two heads (he only drives a car).

ironically the other security guard who works in the company said it to me one day and I explained it to him and now he likes his bike to one of the lampposts too :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement