Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perlico Jokers

Options
  • 19-07-2007 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭

Hi
    My dad got the Perlico broadband and after two evenings of wasted attempts of hooking his PC up to the web we find out today that we 'can't get broadband in our location'.

Now all this after my dad ordered broadband with them after they put a flyer through the door.

So they billed him roughly 50euro for the router and already for the first months 'use'.

They said they'd 'try to get him a refund'. Jaysus!

He's in Bray BTW.
    Any other options for him?
    Can he get Eircom if he's with Perlico (seeing as they piggyback on Eircoms lines)

Thanks
    M

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

if you run the line check on the eircom site what packages do you pass for ??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I'd guess that he's in an urban area if they were going about with flyers. That probably means the line is pairgained. Distance is unlikely to be an issue in the town, especially if the modem won't even sync.

What's the best way to get rid of pairgains nowadays?? Complain to eircom and c.c. ComReg??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

If it is pairgained surely it would not have passed the test in the first place?

It would be helpful to know what exactly Perlico are saying about this. And what Eircom's line test result is? Did they actually process an order at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

dub45 wrote:
    If it is pairgained surely it would not have passed the test in the first place?

It would be helpful to know what exactly Perlico are saying about this. And what Eircom's line test result is? Did they actually process an order at all?

Not sure exactly what Perlico said.
    They just said he couldnt get broadband.
    Even after they'd sent him out the router and billed him for it!

Eircom line test says
    "Line suitable for Broadband"

Will we have to pay rental to Eircom for broadband if we're paying rental to Perlico anyway?

M

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Ah. I was definetely wrong. Sorry. Why couldn't the broadband be set up successfully anyway?? Did the DSL light stay green at any point, on the modem? I'd check the line tester on perlico, it may even pass on it. It sounds like customer support were making up stuff.

You won't pay line rental to eircom as well as the broadband charge, but I'm not sure if you can even get just broadband from eircom if line rental is with Perlico...

We're with Perlico for calls and line rental, but when I went to see if I could get eircom broadband, it seems to need a valid eircom account number. Our former eircom a/c number didn't work.

• Advertisement

mathie wrote:
    Not sure exactly what Perlico said.
    They just said he couldnt get broadband.
    Even after they'd sent him out the router and billed him for it!

Eircom line test says
    "Line suitable for Broadband"

Will we have to pay rental to Eircom for broadband if we're paying rental to Perlico anyway?

M

Boards is damnd by vaugeness.:rolleyes: You wont get anywhere in resolving this situation - by not being sure what Perlico said. And here on boards we can do nothing for you.

You have to get on to Perlico and find out exactly and I mean exactly what the postion is. Dont take any crap from them. Threaten Comreg on them and the Consumers association and joe duffy and uncle tom cobbley but dont get off the phone until you know exactly what the postion is. At the moment they are taking money off you (or have taken money off you) for a service that they are not supplying. Now find out why - that is the only way that the situation can be progressed. If the support will not answer your questions get a supervisor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Did the DSL light stay green at any point, on the modem?

No it was brown/orange all the time.
    When I try to connect it flashes for roughly 5 seconds then it says 'No DSL Connection'.

M

mathie wrote:
    No it was brown/orange all the time.
    When I try to connect it flashes for roughly 5 seconds then it says 'No DSL Connection'.

M

All that means is that there is no dsl enabled on your line apparently. Now no more posts on boards until you get the exact postion with Perlico clarified!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 BSC

I would say drop the Perlico broadband, and get an eircom one, it will take you about 5-10 days to get it from eircom. Once test says its ok, trust me it will work. no need to pay for the modem, your father still can be with perlico and pay for DSL to eircom. I've seen perlico customers screaming for help when ringing eircom, and after they got BB from Eircom everything is got to normal. Guys think, Perlico is a bang of twats, who has no clue how this works. I've rang one to technical support, and i have to say, i am as a customer know more than who ever answered my call, with that type of a support what can you expect?

Advertisement